Jeffree Star Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

I've heard too many bad Jeffree Star stories to fully support the brand. Buuuuut is Androgyny worth it?? I have the red one with glitter (HATE it) so I'm looking for a nude, easy color (SN: why can't these Insta-famous "celebrities" keep ish restocked?!)

Is the formula better than other liquid lipsticks out there?

My 2¢ is that the formula is hands down the best matte liquid lip out there. I've tried KVD, ColourPop, MAC, Tarte, and Too Faced. I guess notable ones I haven't tried are Lime Crime and Anastasia. It feels like wearing air and lasts like crazy.

I enjoy Celebrity Skin, but my favorites are probably Unicorn Blood, Masochist, and Doll Parts. Androgeny (CS is too to a degree) is very skin tone dependent. I have to dot it on and use a lip brush to sheer it out in order to get that pretty mauve color; otherwise, it's a vampy plum brown on me.

Lack of stock drives hype and desirability, especially for the IG crowds for these 'celebrities.'

Jayjayy

My 2¢ is that the formula is hands down the best matte liquid lip out there. I've tried KVD, ColourPop, MAC, Tarte, and Too Faced. I guess notable ones I haven't tried are Lime Crime and Anastasia. It feels like wearing air and lasts like crazy.

I enjoy Celebrity Skin, but my favorites are probably Unicorn Blood, Masochist, and Doll Parts. Androgeny (CS is too to a degree) is very skin tone dependent. I have to dot it on and use a lip brush to sheer it out in order to get that pretty mauve color; otherwise, it's a vampy plum brown on me.

Lack of stock drives hype and desirability, especially for the IG crowds for these 'celebrities.'

Ah damn I was hoping you would like them lol! Thanks for your input!! Now I have to try more. I'm thinking Masochist and Unicorn blood...I'm being good during the Sephora sale, so if all goes as planned I'll snatch them up from Beautylish. Jeffree is lucky I'm such makeup slave :rolleyes:

GreenEyedAllie

Ah damn I was hoping you would like them lol! Thanks for your input!! Now I have to try more. I'm thinking Masochist and Unicorn blood...I'm being good during the Sephora sale, so if all goes as planned I'll snatch them up from Beautylish. Jeffree is lucky I'm such makeup slave :rolleyes:

You're welcome! :DI DO like Androgyny and CS a lot...they're just not so effortless for me/my skin tone.

(And I feel you...my current Sephora cart I'm building for the sale is a little scary.)

Bubek07

does anyone have kvd mother & oll parts to swatch them together?
saw on dupe that they are almost identical

Mixxi

image.jpg
So I got my first jeffree star product. It's androgyny. I was hoping it would be a much lighter, daytime appropriate shade but it looks super dark on me. I'm also wearing a peachy blush and not much makeup overall and I just don't think it suits me :(. Anyone got any good blusher recommendations for this colour?

edit: why is my image sideways??

Chartreuse

Man I'm so hot and cold with Jeffree. He went on a SC and IG (or was it twitter?) tirade about the "push notifications" thing. While I, too, was getting frustrated with all the posts dominating my feed on IG, he was just super extra about it. Very abrasive and rude. It kind of put me off. I get the gist of what he was saying, and somewhat agree with it-- but you can express your point without being nasty to other people or calling them names and putting them down. Maybe I'm just too sensitive. lol.

well then, I guess I must be too sensitive too :drinking:
can't bring myself to buy anything from him
just on the account of the aforementioned abrasiveness and rudeness :violin:
and I really, really want prom night and masochist
the packaging is not helping either

want.it.so.much. :stickpoke:

edit:

@mixxi - it opens up the right way when you click on it

Last edited:

Lipstickwh0re

Wont be home when his palette launches as I will be out of the country. I'm hoping someone will be awesome enough to help w/ this. Will be gone two weeks.

montREALady

I feel you! That's the main reason why I never looked twice at Lime Crime or Gerard Cosmetics. I hate to hear companies miss treating their customers. I haven't bought a Revlon product or Garnier since hearing about their behavior towards POC. Way too many other beauty companies to spend my hard earned cash on. Glad to hear your bank resolved the issue.

I haven't had issues with Gerard and I've placed at least 4 orders with them. What happened?

laurennnxox

I haven't had issues with Gerard and I've placed at least 4 orders with them. What happened?

I know I'm not who you originally quoted, but I refuse to buy from Gerard after the incident of the founder and Manny MUA calling a customer ugly after she did not give GC glowing reviews of their products on YT. I'm sensitive (and rightfully so) about that. As someone who struggles with positive self-image and self-esteem, I'm sure as hell not going to spend money on a company who talks about their customers like that. I'm sure other companies say rude things behind closed doors, but at least they don't post a dang snap about it.

I've also just heard some plain run of the mill bad CS from them from random people online. I don't have any first hand experience, but I'm thankful that your 4 orders arrived to you without a hitch!

montREALady

I know I'm not who you originally quoted, but I refuse to buy from Gerard after the incident of the founder and Manny MUA calling a customer ugly after she did not give GC glowing reviews of their products on YT. I'm sensitive (and rightfully so) about that. As someone who struggles with positive self-image and self-esteem, I'm sure as hell not going to spend money on a company who talks about their customers like that. I'm sure other companies say rude things behind closed doors, but at least they don't post a dang snap about it.

I've also just heard some plain run of the mill bad CS from them from random people online. I don't have any first hand experience, but I'm thankful that your 4 orders arrived to you without a hitch!

Wow! I actually got one order on Saturday and have another coming tomorrow. They are always nice to me on IG and Twitter too. That's unfortunate. I have the Manny MUA palette coming to me soon too. Yikes.

laurennnxox

Wow! I actually got one order on Saturday and have another coming tomorrow. They are always nice to me on IG and Twitter too. That's unfortunate. I have the Manny MUA palette coming to me soon too. Yikes.

Yeah, it was pretty bad! But on the other hand, I'll never judge or care where people choose spend their hard earned money. It always gets to me when people bash others over that. I'm glad you've always had good relations with them, though! No person deserves to be treated like shit from a company. They only exist because of consumers.

montREALady

Yeah, it was pretty bad! But on the other hand, I'll never judge or care where people choose spend their hard earned money. It always gets to me when people bash others over that. I'm glad you've always had good relations with them, though! No person deserves to be treated like shit from a company. They only exist because of consumers.
You are absolutely right.

Tahlia

So Jeffree Star pulled out from one of the stockists here in Australia because they started to sell Lime Crime and he doesn't want to be associated with them. I'm so annoyed because the store sold them for $29 and everywhere else I've looked has sold them for $32, so it's gonna be a pain in the ass to buy them once the new products come out. Does anybody know if the JS website ships internationally?

Shars

So Jeffree Star pulled out from one of the stockists here in Australia because they started to sell Lime Crime and he doesn't want to be associated with them. I'm so annoyed because the store sold them for $29 and everywhere else I've looked has sold them for $32, so it's gonna be a pain in the ass to buy them once the new products come out. Does anybody know if the JS website ships internationally?

I know Beautylish ships to Australia... not sure though how much the cost is compared to the US cost of US$18.

Sabrunka

Wow he is beyond immature. I can't deal with him anymore. He tries to not be involved with Limecrime but the way he behaves is worse than what I have ever seen from Limecrime. A few weeks back he posted to instagram how Limecrime "stole his idea" about the color of Androgyny (Teddy Bear from Limecrime) and then other times he has thrown shade at them. He's also a drama queen and was annoying af when telling people to turn on notifications on Instagram so people would still get his pictures at the top of their feed. He's also rude as hell. Oh, what's ironic is that some of his colors look identical to Limecrime's and hers were out first. I can't deal with this petty bs.

Tahlia

Wow he is beyond immature. I can't deal with him anymore. He tries to not be involved with Limecrime but the way he behaves is worse than what I have ever seen from Limecrime. A few weeks back he posted to instagram how Limecrime "stole his idea" about the color of Androgyny (Teddy Bear from Limecrime) and then other times he has thrown shade at them. He's also a drama queen and was annoying af when telling people to turn on notifications on Instagram so people would still get his pictures at the top of their feed. He's also rude as hell. Oh, what's ironic is that some of his colors look identical to Limecrime's and hers were out first. I can't deal with this petty bs.

I agree. His attitude made me really apprehensive about buying any of his products, but I have to admit that I love his liquid lipsticks. Oh yes I saw that Lime Crime post! I thought it was so petty especially how they were around way before he started his makeup line. And like you said, most of his shades are very similar to the LC ones, especially the first few that he released. I mean every company is doing those neutral 90's shades these days anyway so I don't see the big deal.

Shars

$18 for shipping?! Wow that's expensive! Thank you though, I'll check it out :)

Sorry. I meant the lipsticks are $18 US! I know you were trying to compare prices to see who had the best price for you. I was just saying I wasn't sure if the AUS price would still be the equivalent of the US$18 per lipstick.

Latest posts