JLo's eyes in LV ad

anjdes

Does anyone have any ideas on how to copy Jennifer Lopez's eyes from the LV ad campaign (slightly old one see link below)

http://www.bellalopez.com/images/jlo/LVad2003-10.jpg

It doesn't look like liquid eyeliner, but when I use Carbon eyeshadow with a non-MAC eyeliner brush I can't get a very defined eye. Should I be using a specific brush?

Thanks!

Fairybelle

Instead of e/s, try the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. It comes in a pot, and you can use MAC's 266 or 208 (the 208's angled head is a little smaller for more control) to dip in the pot and draw on a nice defined line. Plus, this stuff stays on pretty well all day, whereas eyeshadow can flake or run if you don't prep it properly.

prinzessin784

I agree - lots of Blacktrack! And the 266 is great for it
smiles.gif

flowerhead

She looks beautiful!
I think it is expertly applied liquid eyeliner with a little black eyeshadow blended out to soften it. But yeah, try Blacktrack, it's pretty easy.

MAC_Pixie04

I agree with the Blacktrack/fluidline suggestion. You could also use something like NARS Zardoz (black) cream shadow to give it a little more sheen. Fluidlines have a tendency to look a bit flat on their own.

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
She looks beautiful!
I think it is expertly applied liquid eyeliner with a little black eyeshadow blended out to soften it. But yeah, try Blacktrack, it's pretty easy.

I agree.. I think there's a little black eyeshadow blended over it.

anjdes

Thanks all of you for your suggestions!
I'm going to try liquid liner with a bit of Carbon on top to soften it.