Just as good as a Clarisonic for $1.99!

MizzTropical

So I picked this brush up a month ago and OMG it has really improved my skin! It's so eventoned, soft, and best of all it has my pores cleared out and almost shrunk to nothing! I can't wait to see what another month of using it does for my face
smiles.gif
Bath Secrets - Bath Serets Facial Cleansing Brush

The only difference is you have to brush on your own, it's not battery operated but I honestly can't imagine how a clarisonic could improve my skin anymore then this has!

ashk36

Heck yeah, I love those brushes. I usually use one for about a month and then buy a new one. Be sure not to leave it in the shower, it'll get that nasty mildew right on the base of the hairs. I need to stop by Sally's and get a new one, I haven't used mine in months.

KimmyAnn_678

I'll have to get one of these to try next time I'm at Sally's... anything that promises smallers pores, I'll try! LOL. Thanks for sharing
smiles.gif

aziajs

I completely agree! I have this brush too. I bought it about 2 weeks ago. It's great. My skin has cleared up (along with the fact that I gave up foundation) and it feels softer and smoother. I was wondering when I should replace it. I guess it will last for a couple of months and then it will need to be replaced. As the poster above mentioned, don't store it in the shower or in the bathroom for that matter. I keep mine in my bedroom. I leave it out, uncapped, so that it can completely dry in between uses.

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
wow! i shall have to have a look out for something similar in the uk

You can use a small baby hair brush with soft hairs. I've used one before and it'll do the trick!

chickatthegym

I just picked one of these up from Sally's... thanks for the heads up! The bristles are very soft! I have used it twice already and my skin already feels smoother and cleaner
smiles.gif

One question though, how are you guys using this? I have been putting my facewash on my face like normal and then when I get a lather, I scrub lightly in small circles with the brush.

ashk36

I use it with my African Black Soap, I just rub the soap on the brush and then go to town on my face. Yes, ABS is pretty harsh, but I don't think anything makes my face feel cleaner than using it with this brush.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I use it with my African Black Soap, I just rub the soap on the brush and then go to town on my face. Yes, ABS is pretty harsh, but I don't think anything makes my face feel cleaner than using it with this brush.

Funny you should mention ABS... I was just reading about that. Where can you buy it? Stores?

MizzTropical

I use mine in circular motions allover my face and neck with my reg. Clean and Clear Shine control wash, the same way u did, just get a lather and then brush. The bristles are in the same circular pattern as the Clarisonic, I swear it's such a ripoff to drop $200 for one.

chickatthegym

^ No kidding! I have been thinking about getting a Clarisonic since it gets so much hype, but this brush is awesome! Thanks again for mentioning it
smiles.gif

bebs

.. maybe since I have the clarisonic I'll be a bit bias about it, however I have tried both and really.. I like the clarisonic a lot more, because I feel helped my skin more.

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Funny you should mention ABS... I was just reading about that. Where can you buy it? Stores?

I ordered a huge block of it from Coastal Scents back in April I think and still have a good amount left. But I just read a review on their website from someone who ordered it recently and said that the amount she got with her most recent order was much less than a previous order, and she paid more. I do like the Coastal Scents' ABS, but I think once I run out I may look for some more elsewhere. I don't know of any retail stores that sell it, so the internet is the way to go.

kimmy

are you girls using this brush daily? i want to try it out. never realized there might be a cheap aternative to clairsonic.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
are you girls using this brush daily? i want to try it out. never realized there might be a cheap aternative to clairsonic.

I've been using mine once a day since I got it... the bristles are very soft so it's not irritating at all. For $1.99 you can't really lose
smiles.gif

YuzuBunny

What is the bristles of the brush made of? Nylon?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how it can be like a Clarisonic. But if it gives you same end results, that is great!

yes.gif

MizzTropical

I don't know what it is made out of, but it honestly works so nice on my skin. I've never used any other product that actually shrunk my pores(which was always my biggest skin prob). I'm just trying to say if you can't afford the Clarisonic, then try this brush, it's $1.99 so you won't be losing much if you don't like it lol. It might not work as good for everyone but it does for me.
smiles.gif