Just curious, anyone got denied on PPID application?

wolfmaster

My friend wants to apply, she is a freelance mua that makeup for me for weddings, including mine!!. Wonder if she can apply for that?
She has a website and business card, but nothing more...she has a full time IT job..

FacesbyNiki

I have a full time job in IT also. I got my card. I handed in a resume, a headshot, business card and for safe measure a copy of a wedding program with my company name on it. I was approved.
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

Bumping up a very old thread to keep the moderators happy
greengrin.gif

In the future when i've finsihed my degree i may start to do makeup for other people (paid) for special occasions/weddings etc, it'l probably be very casual if i do it, i may get business cards done but it'l just be me at home doing it for them or going to their house to do it.
Would i be eligible to get a card? and how would i prove it to them?
Also i'm in the UK so is it even possible for me to have one?

Sushi_Flower

I had looked at that before but i can only think of a business card which i would have as proof. I don't have any makeup training and wouldn't have a contract/license etc. I'm not even sure that i would have a business card for awhile.
Would this be too casual of a MA job for me to apply for one?

angela

my friend said she's never heard of anyone getting denied. as long as you pay your membership fee up front.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Would i be eligible to get a card? and how would i prove it to them?
Also i'm in the UK so is it even possible for me to have one?

In the UK you need to contact;
M·A·C Pro Membership,
Floors 1-3,
28 Fouberts Place,
West Soho,
London,
W1F 7PR

020 7409 6886
[email protected]

The Pro discount in the UK is 35% for makeup artists and 15% for students. I'm not sure what it is for photographers and performers.

galvanizer

I've spoken to MA's at a Pro store and they insist you need 2 of the requisite critieria to qualify. I have a makeup school diploma but that's not enough. I need to get business cards made or have a letterhead or paystub or something else...
Though the girls at the regular dept. store counter said I only needed my diploma... So, it seems to depend on who you talk to...

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvanizer
I've spoken to MA's at a Pro store and they insist you need 2 of the requisite critieria to qualify. I have a makeup school diploma but that's not enough. I need to get business cards made or have a letterhead or paystub or something else...
Though the girls at the regular dept. store counter said I only needed my diploma... So, it seems to depend on who you talk to...

When you get the application, it will tell you what you need to hand it. :p