Just Hired as Freelance/On-Call MAC Cosmetics

minjaay

Hi to everybody on Specktra! Last Friday, I had my interview/demo and got hired for a Freelance/On-Call position! I have never been happier in my life!
yahoo.gif
The process was so fun & it was not as scary as I thought! And I have to say before my interview, I was exploring questions and answers all over Specktra's threads and post to get some tips and answers. So thank you to everybody who replied on other threads.
heart.gif

After going through thr whole process, I learned that every single MAC interview is different. My experience was awesome! If anybody has questions, I would love to help out.

Anyways, I completed paperwork and all that stuff that day, so now I'm playing the waiting game to hear back. Any tips on what I can do now? Obviously I wait to hear from the manager to get my employee number, but do you guys recommend that I call to the stores around my area to see if they have any openings? And I want a permanent position, so any tips for that? The recruiter I spoke with told me just to work hard as freelance and it could happen that way. Another question I had was that I know permanent artists get training, updates, etc. As a freelancer, am I expected to learn about, purchase, and know about all the products I'm unfarmiliar with on my own? Just so many questions on where to start now! I'm so excited to work my first day. :) THANKS!

MAC_Lovin

Hi to everybody on Specktra! Last Friday, I had my interview/demo and got hired for a Freelance/On-Call position! I have never been happier in my life!
yahoo.gif
The process was so fun & it was not as scary as I thought! And I have to say before my interview, I was exploring questions and answers all over Specktra's threads and post to get some tips and answers. So thank you to everybody who replied on other threads.
heart.gif
After going through thr whole process, I learned that every single MAC interview is different. My experience was awesome! If anybody has questions, I would love to help out. Anyways, I completed paperwork and all that stuff that day, so now I'm playing the waiting game to hear back. Any tips on what I can do now? Obviously I wait to hear from the manager to get my employee number, but do you guys recommend that I call to the stores around my area to see if they have any openings? And I want a permanent position, so any tips for that? The recruiter I spoke with told me just to work hard as freelance and it could happen that way. Another question I had was that I know permanent artists get training, updates, etc. As a freelancer, am I expected to learn about, purchase, and know about all the products I'm unfarmiliar with on my own? Just so many questions on where to start now! I'm so excited to work my first day. :) THANKS!
Hii! I know this was a super long time ago but I was wondering how your experience has been? I recently interviewed for an on-call position but the counter manager said it was different than freelance. Do you know what the differences are?

Honesty0410

Hii! I know this was a super long time ago but I was wondering how your experience has been? I recently interviewed for an on-call position but the counter manager said it was different than freelance. Do you know what the differences are?
The on-call and freelance position is the same thing, and the position is officially called on-call/freelance. However, there are times when you work as a "freelancer" while other times you'll be working "on-call". Most of the hours you'll get called to work are on-call hours, when you're generally working at the counters and stores. But during certain events, such as industry or collection launches, you'll work as a freelancer. This comes into play when you call in youre hours as either "on-call" or "freelancer" Also, freelance hours pay more than on-call hours.

Biancaxo

Hello ladies I came across this site and I had a couple of questions? I was just talking to a mac girl when I went to buy some essentials and she commented that I don't need any experience and that I should turn in a resume for a freelance position but I'm a bit nervous if I were to get a on the spot interview, what kind of questions do they ask?

Chrystia

Hello ladies I came across this site and I had a couple of questions? I was just talking to a mac girl when I went to buy some essentials and she commented that I don't need any experience and that I should turn in a resume for a freelance position but I'm a bit nervous if I were to get a on the spot interview, what kind of questions do they ask?
There is no required experience to work at MAC. I do find a retail cosmetics background often sets people up successfully at MAC. A lot of the advice on here is solid and worth combing through. The quick version is easy;

1) Dressed All Black and professional
2) Flawless makeup that is professional and something the average woman can relate to
3) Know about the brand (how it started, what their mission is,global initiatives)
4) Why do you want to work at MAC? I like makeup is NOT the answer. Use your research from above to really determine if MAC is right for you.
5) What work related experience do you have?