just looking for the best brown-brown e/s!!

tiramisu

Okay, here is one of those seemingly-simple but not eyeshadow quests...
I am looking for a simply brownish medium toned (not too light) brown e/s from mac, it can be relatively satiny-veering toward shimmery finish but not super frosty, can be taupey (but not too cold) and therefore definitely not reddish.

So, hoping you know what I am after in that lengthy description, what's the best one?? :confused:

Wedge
Cork
Omega
Soba
Bronze
Romp
Satin Taupe (too frosty?)
Texture
Charcoal Brown
??? am I missing a really HG brown??

BTW, I have Mulch and Mystery, so those are out... I am looking for an everyday, unassuming really, brown crease/blending color LOL

TIA!!

matsubie

i like soba. i tend to reach for this color a lot in the mornings

i use mystery e/s for my eyebrows...hehe.

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I
heart.gif
Tempting...it's the best neutral brown I own!!*~*

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipglass*Lover*
*~*I
heart.gif
Tempting...it's the best neutral brown I own!!*~*

Yup, it's quickly becoming my fave!!

Dark_Phoenix

I love cork. It is a nice mid-tone neutral brown that isn't too shiny and isn't too matte (Satin). I'm also really pale (NC15) and it doesn't look too dark or ruddy on me.

RoseMe

Wedge makes a great "no-make-up look" crease color for me. Since majority of my colors have shimmer in them I enjoy having Wedge for a subtle contrast.

Winthrop44

To me Wedge has some red in it, Texture and charcoal brown are a little orangey, soba has alot of yellow. I think Cork comes closest to what you're looking for.

liv

I'm NW15, and I really like Kid. It's light to medium toned, but over a base it shows up really well, and you can layer it this way.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
what about chocolate brown pigment? is that too dark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
I'm NW15, and I really like Kid. It's light to medium toned, but over a base it shows up really well, and you can layer it this way.

I hadn't considered either of these... Kid is pretty, but a tad light for what I am after (you sweet little NW15 you!!)
winks.gif
...LOL
Choc brown p/g looks awesome, but isn't it a frost? Is it really shimmery as far as the pigments stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMe
Wedge makes a great "no-make-up look" crease color for me. Since majority of my colors have shimmer in them I enjoy having Wedge for a subtle contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Wedge and Mothbrown.

hmm... thinking I like the idea of Wedge, thanks for the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
To me Wedge has some red in it, Texture and charcoal brown are a little orangey, soba has alot of yellow. I think Cork comes closest to what you're looking for.

hmm... Cork or Wedge-- I am thinking between these two is what I'm most after... decisions, decisions!!!

th_dunno.gif

Thanks for your help, I don't know what I would do without all your input!! (well, besides NOT have fifty million eyeshadows perhaps?!)
graucho.gif

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
I love Milan Mineral's shades of Blacques-Goldilocks and Rude Gal.

Thanks! Where can you get this brand?

liv

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
I hadn't considered either of these... Kid is pretty, but a tad light for what I am after (you sweet little NW15 you!!)
winks.gif
...LOL

Understandable. =] I've heard of people on here saying colors don't show up on them (Malt, Orb, Shroom, etc), and those all show up really well on my ghostly skin! I think I'm actually *lighter* than NW15 now that it's winter.

My sister (she's about a NW25-30) has Wedge and really likes it. I've tested that one, and it's similar, IMO, just a tad darker. I'd swatch Cork and Wedge on your hand or one on each eye and see what the MAC artist thinks. I did that when I was inbetween Brave and Faux lipsticks, and most of them have a really good eye for the slight differences in colors that makes them more/less flattering on your skintone.

iheartangE

It's not really up there but I'm gonna vote for Brown Down-the texture is Veluxe so there isn't any shimmer and if you want some you can always add it, it's really great for blending, and it's just a really nice deep medium brown!

Hope that helps you
smiles.gif

user79

I don't think Moth Brown is brown at all. It depends on the skintone I guess but shows up as a sort of mauve-gray-brown on me.