Just starting my kit and really need help.

Nikelle

Hi

I have just started a makeup course and need to purchase my kit, the school has completely left this up to us, we can mix brands or we can go to one company and purchase a starter kit. Because I am in Australia I can't bring myself to purchase a starter kit, when I look at the the prices of what they are selling I know that I can get it online for a lot cheaper so have decided to do it myself.

What I am struggling with is what exactly to buy because I don't have a great deal of money, I don't have the money to spend over $800 or $900 including case and brushes to begin with but I want to get quality products because what I buy now I want to continue to use once I start working and just add to it. I like Mac but it is really expensive over here and I can't purchase it from overseas. I need to know what products and colours are must haves and which brushes are essentials, there are just so many choices out there I feel completely lost when I am looking at them all.

Hopefully someone can send me in the right direction.

kiwicleopatra

Have a look at Makeupandglow.com.au. Great store, lovely owner and way cheaper than most of the places I used to order from in the US when you take shipping and duty charges into account. Also take a look at inmykit.com for some product suggestions. It really comes down to what your market will be and what you want to learn, as well as what you're comfortable using/what works for you.