Kim Kardashian's Makeup Tutorials... Finally Up!!!!

meaghanb2926

The long awaited makeup tutorial videos with Kim Kardashian (done with her makeup artist Stephen Moleski) are finally up on her website!!

Part I...Foundation
Perfect your foundation and blush!

Part II...Smokey Eyes
Make your eyes smokin'

Part III soon to come!
(guessing lips for this maybe? I'd bet MAC's Stripdown, Angel and NARS' Turkish Delight will make an appearance!)

Hurray!!!

glam8babe

i love the vids
greengrin.gif

LittleDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
wow thanks! I liked it when he used the CD, I would have never thought of that!

I completely agree, now when anyone I know gets those stupid AOL sample cd's in the mail i'm going to have them save them for me.

MaryJane

I don't understand what's so special about her makeup. She, like many other people, does a smokey eye and nude lip.

anguria

She is fabulous for sure, but i didnt like her MA. I dont know why but he is ... mehhh

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I don't understand what's so special about her makeup. She, like many other people, does a smokey eye and nude lip.

It seems targeted towards beginners and those who don't really do dramatic makeup because it seems too hard.

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane

I think you've already hit the nail... it works on so many people, so therefore this may be the first dramatic look that most people can master with a little practice and have it look good. I dunno, if I were a beginner, that would be something to get excited about.

Korms

Her eye make-up looks horrific (in my opinion), it's really heavy and just makes her look a bit cheap. It's too much.

meaghanb2926

They are definitely basic but its also nice to be reminded that we can keep things simple. Whenever I do a smokey eye I start with a paint pot, add a base shadow, then a crease color, then a darker crease color, then a highlight, then another color and on and on and on. I actually did her exact eye look the other day with just bare canvas on the lid and a dark shadow (carbon) in the crease and it looked nice and dramatic but simple and sophisticated at the same time. These celebrities have looks that appear effortless and sometimes they are just that! I think so many of us on here have soooooo many eyeshadows that when we do a look we use as many as possible. It was nice to be reminded that you can achieve that same look with only a paint, a shadow and eyeliner. Sometimes less is more!

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms
Her eye make-up looks horrific (in my opinion), it's really heavy and just makes her look a bit cheap. It's too much.

well if you think thats too much then why are you on specktra? There's even more dramatic looks than that if you look at the FOTD section

th_dunno.gif

Zantedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
well if you think thats too much then why are you on specktra? There's even more dramatic looks than that if you look at the FOTD section

th_dunno.gif

Who says you have to like dramatic looks or even go in the FOTD section to be on Specktra?

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantedge
Who says you have to like dramatic looks or even go in the FOTD section to be on Specktra?

I'm not saying that.. but Specktra is full of funky, dramatic looks aswell as some natural and even those that do natural looks post some dramatic/colourful looks too

theres nothing 'too much' about a simple smokey eye that's only got one shadow used on the lid

MiCHiE

I wish he would've done something more......like what we've normally seen her wearing. I wasn't really feeling the paint and Contrast, but kudos to them for sharing.

glam8babe

i remember reading his blog and he mentioned how he never uses black on the eye.. he tries to use things like navy, plum etc. to bring out the colour of the eye more. He also mentioned when he does Kendras makeup from the Girls Next Door... he tends to use trax for a deep plummy colour

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms

That's quite a bold statement to make. I wear a dark smokey eye (lots of people do) and the last word i'd use to describe myself is 'cheap', thank u. Maybe you just don't like her?

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
That's quite a bold statement to make. I wear a dark smokey eye (lots of people do) and the last word i'd use to describe myself if 'cheap', thank u. Maybe you just don't like her?

i totally agree
thmbup.gif