Kryolan aqua colours?

girloflowers

I jsut got a some metallic aqua colours today and i cannot for the life of me work out what to use them with? I tried using a damp sponge in water, and some synthetic brushes- what am i doing wrong?

Do i need a different type of sponge (im using a foundation wedge), or warm water or something?

lovelyweapon

Wow I haven't heard of Kryolan in a while. Well, you might want to check out LimeCrime.net Tutorials since Xenia uses a lot of Kryolan [especially aqua] eyeshadows. In her 'Aquamarine' tutorial she uses a medium-large brush but does not appear to wet the eyeshadow. The problem could be with the brush? If your problem is that it is not showing up, maybe you need a blue base (like MAC's Shadestick in Sea Me) or at least a primer like UDPP.

How were you able to purchase them, through Ebay? They are pretty hard to find.

girloflowers

i actually was given them, i have four.

two gold and two silver, and they're absolutely HUGE cakes of the stuff-nothing i do to them seems to give more than a really lame sheer coverage?

I tried using it dry but nothing happend.. maybe i should scratch the surface or something

ZoZo

Well let me check with my friend and tell you since she is familair with this brand of make up.

Jeisenne

I ordered two palettes from the local costume shop. They're an authorized seller of Kryolan and Ben Nye and they supply the local opera company and all the theatre productions here so they have access to everything.

When I tested them out I used a natural fibre brush dipped in water. The Aquacolors are not meant to be used dry. Think of them as the Crayola waterpaint colors you got when you were a kid -- you had to wet them with the brush, dip the brush in and pick up some color, then apply. The coverage is buildable, so you can layer it on.

Try a natural fibre brush. You can go with some Loew Cornell brushes from your art supply store if you don't want to risk one of your regular makeup brushes. The craft store ones cost like $3 each and they're pretty soft.

You don't apply these like dry eyeshadow, by patting and then blending and going back and forth like a windshield wiper. You paint it on your eyelid the way you want it to look, and then you can blend after it's dry. Blending while wet will make it look muddy.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

aeni

They work with water only. And latex/non latex white wedges don't like aquacolor - you'd need a natural sponge. Any wet brush'll work.

girloflowers

aahhhh

thankyou all sooooo so much!

greengrin.gif
now im really excited!

and i already have an excess of brushes so yay!

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Latest posts