Ladies I have found the BEST primer ever.

Entice

I was at Sephora this weekend and got a sample of the Philosophy The Present primer and this has the MAC Prep & Prime, Smashbox Photo Finish, and MUFE Primers BEAT. This really created a super smooth poreless canvas for me to apply my foundation. It honestly gave me that professional airbrush look. After work go run and get a sample!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P75338

TISH1124

Interesting I will have to try it next time I am at Sephora...However I am pretty sold on the MUFE Matte primer...it is love for me...But this is cheaper so I will give it a try

Entice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Interesting I will have to try it next time I am at Sephora...However I am pretty sold on the MUFE Matte primer...it is love for me...But this is cheaper so I will give it a try

I find it way better than the MAC one. When you apply it just wait 2 min before you apply your foundation.

aziajs

I am so wary of primers because they usually make me break out. I may try a sample of this just to see.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entice
I find it way better than the MAC one. When you apply it just wait 2 min before you apply your foundation.

I loathe the MAC primer....It and my skin no match....I like smashbox and MUFE ...but the price on this is better so if it works I'm all in

User38

I have used the Present.. in fact I have some still on hand. I do prefer the Smashbox, Laura Mercier, and YSL
smiles.gif

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I am so wary of primers because they usually make me break out. I may try a sample of this just to see.

Yes this is the case for me as well... I just use mac matte texture where it's needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby5734
I use the Mac primer but I really dont see anything special doing. It looks the same if I am not wearing it.

Same here for mac prep and prime, did nothing special for me...

HerShe

I am not really surprised that Philosophy has a really good primer, their skincare products are fabulous...so I must take a look at this.
yes.gif

Ladyvirtuous

Thanks for the heads up on this primer!!

I thought I was the only one who hated the MAC primer. It's like putting white coating on my face....just terrible.

StyleWarrior

thanks definitely gonna try this b/c im almost out of primer. & i also dont notice much of a difference with the mac primer. application may be easier but it doesnt help with oiliness or keeping the makeup in place

Curly1908

I need to pick up a sample of this. I'm the only person in the world who doesn't care for Smashbox's primer. (It does nothing for me.) I like MAC's primer, but it doesn't control oilness or keep makeup from smudging on me.

atwingirl

Thanks! Currently I use Laura Mercier which works better for me than the Smashbox Primer did. When I run out out, I will grab a sample and try Philosophy's. Now if I could find a decent lip primer....

priss

i am sold on the monistat arm and leg chafing gel as my primer. prep and prime did nothing for me either.

alka1

I still don't understand why the Smashbox primer is so expensive. almost $40 for a primer that looks/feels way to similar to the $8 Monistat gel. The Smashbox ingredients don't particularly impress me either (a few plant extracts/oils).. so I don't know where the price tag comes from.