Lancome French Coquettes Collection for Fall 2010

Tavia

Hi girls,

I will post here just some info about Lancome's newest collection and a few photos.

The collection includes:
  • Rose Absolu Blush
  • Ombre Absolu Palette
  • Ombre Magnetique (3 shades)
  • Nail Polish (2 colors)
  • Professional Eyebrow Pencil
  • Absolu Perfect Lipstick (4 colors)
Lancome-fall-2010-French-Coquettes-makeup-collection.jpg

Lancome-fall-2010-Rose-Absolu-blush.jpg

Lancome-fall-2010-Ombre-Absolute-Eyeshadow-Palette.jpg

Lancome-fall-2010-ombre-magnetiques.jpg

make_up_maven

OMG! I love it!! This is the first Lancome Collection that I'm excited about in a loooooooooooong time!!!

Thank you!

Tavia

This collection is really pretty and includes more products. Here I just posted some of them.
smiles.gif

SmokeSignal16

^I saw the collection in my friend's update book, it all looks amazing!!! There will be a new foundation that Julia Roberts is promoting coming out in September/October, looks so neat!

Miss QQ

Gorgeous collection! I'm surprisingly excited for a Lancome collection! I'm definitely getting the Rose Absolu blush
heart.gif
and as for the other items, I will check them out first. The ombre magnetique looks interesting and the lipstick on Daria is so pretty!

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by equus18
Can anyone suggest MAC/UD/any dupes for these eye looks? They are gorgeous!

From what I have seen the black is totally dupeable with Oil Slick from UD. The other two you can get super close to is for the plummier red shade Last Call is as close as you would get it, and the silver UD's Strip is another close one. The silver I finally caved on because it is kind of a unique shade, very bright, kind of like a dime shade.

Oh I presold the Rose blush, it is soooo pretty!!! The Ombre Magnetiques I can't wait to see, we're suppose to get those in within the next week!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I think the Lancome counter at my Bloomingdale's must be, I don't even know what. When I went to look at the collection and the Ombre Magnetique's, they didn't know what I was talking about and showed me some of the normal eye shadows that they had in the collection display. The shadows were permanent shades that resembled the OM's. I explained that these came in a pot, like a loose pigment. They didn't understand, and told me that MAC and LM sold pigments and then showed my how an eye shadow looked and opened. I don't even have words.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
^Oh goodness
shockt.gif

I know! They were looking and acting as if I were lacking in mental capacity. It's not the first time either. I hope they feel foolish if and when they get the full collection.

KimmyAnn_678

Our counter only has the 3 shades from their regular ES line out as well, and it looks like it's part of the tester unit that way. I'm wondering if only the larger doors will be getting the loose powders?

And sadly, our counter did not receive a tester for the face powder so no one can try it and I'd hate to spend $40 on a powder and not like it.

Oh, and the first day the tester unit was out, some piggy thief stole one the polish testers.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
Our counter only has the 3 shades from their regular ES line out as well, and it looks like it's part of the tester unit that way. I'm wondering if only the larger doors will be getting the loose powders?

And sadly, our counter did not receive a tester for the face powder so no one can try it and I'd hate to spend $40 on a powder and not like it.

Oh, and the first day the tester unit was out, some piggy thief stole one the polish testers.

Loose powders? I didn't think they were going to have loose powders in this collection
wondering.gif
??? But the face powder tester we didn't get either, I know KarlaSugar has swatches on the powder already! I just went a head and pre-sold it for Macys gift but if I don't like it I will make do or return it. I know our pink nail polish isn't there so we either didn't get it or it got stolen too lol.

SmokeSignal16

Oh and I thought I would mention pretty much most Macy's only are getting 3 of the face powders because they had a problem in the past with all the face powders getting returned so they didn't want to put money into it if it's only coming back
ssad.gif

KimmyAnn_678

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Oh and I thought I would mention pretty much most Macy's only are getting 3 of the face powders because they had a problem in the past with all the face powders getting returned so they didn't want to put money into it if it's only coming back
ssad.gif

I don't know if it's Macy's or smaller doors, but we (Lancome, Lauder and even Clinique sometimes) only ever get 3 of the Limited Edition/seasonal color view items. My counter (Lauder) did get 8 or 9 of each of the new Quints for fall, but we did not get any of the other items (glosses, polishes, gloss sticks) in the Fall color view. But other than that, we all only get 3 of items. Whether it's nail polish, face powders, eye shadows, glosses, glitter mascaras, etc.

It sucks, because alot of times we sell out within minutes of putting items out on the counter. Lauder's Ultra Voilet nail polish was like that this summer, as well as the eyeshadow palette from Lancome's summer stuff. Lancome's glitter mascara's are usually like that, as well. Gone within an hour.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
This is what the display at my counter looked like :
Lancome-Fall-Display - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

And Karla's website doesn't have swatches of the loose eye shadows either. The website says they wont be available to ship until later this month so maybe that is why.

Yeah Karla is from my area but she mentioned they weren't coming in till this week roughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
I don't know if it's Macy's or smaller doors, but we (Lancome, Lauder and even Clinique sometimes) only ever get 3 of the Limited Edition/seasonal color view items. My counter (Lauder) did get 8 or 9 of each of the new Quints for fall, but we did not get any of the other items (glosses, polishes, gloss sticks) in the Fall color view. But other than that, we all only get 3 of items. Whether it's nail polish, face powders, eye shadows, glosses, glitter mascaras, etc.

It sucks, because alot of times we sell out within minutes of putting items out on the counter. Lauder's Ultra Voilet nail polish was like that this summer, as well as the eyeshadow palette from Lancome's summer stuff. Lancome's glitter mascara's are usually like that, as well. Gone within an hour.

Yeah I'm with Clinique and we only get like 3 of each thing, it really sucks! Lancome did used to have more stock when it came to collections but they seem to be doing the minimum now since the start of this year.