Latest Hauls and Rants

thenovice

Ok, so its been a tough week. I've been out of town, and i went out of town using new face wash. Lovely. The water there smelled like urine- and cause a bad reaction. Not to mention the lovely unstoppable oilyness the new $78 face was caused. So, i am going to try Clinique's Acne Solutions System. I have never broken out this bad in my life, is so bad that i literally had my whole family gawking. I have been in tears for the whole week and i needed retail therapy. And i had to order online, i am way to busy to go to Green Hills.

Sephora.com:
Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisterizer Oil Free

MACcosmetics.com:
Rushmetal Pigment
Quick Frost Pigment
Gold Mode Pigment
Cocomotion Pigment
Gold Spill MSF
Nothern Light MSF

Nordstroms.com:
Novel Twist 5 Basic Brushes
Cool Pearlizer
Indianwood Paint Pot
Delft Paint Pot

Bought a few paint pots just to see if i like them before Painterly comes out. I do have to go to Green Hills later this week though. My sister needs a dress for a wedding we are going to, and i ordered mine online already. And the shoes!!! =) I plan to buy Ether, Tectonic, and Quarry MES. I forgot to add them to my order. All the collections are making a larger dent in my wallet. =(

UPDATE:
I went to MAC today!!! (Hadn't planned to go till friday... =P) Found my sis a dress and bought....
Ether MES
Quarry MES
And then i went to Sephora and bought....
Sephora Platinum Professional Stippling Brush
I just couldn't shell out the extra $10 bucks for the MAC 187, and the 188 is so small. And ALL of my Novel Twist came in the mail today. I LOVE the kabuki for things other than the pealizer. It buffed out all of the glitter. And with a swiping motion it looked streaky. So, i am going to use it for other things instead. =( And my Rushmetal and the rest of my Flashtronic order should be here Friday or Saturday. Can't wait! I am having a much better day!!!

Ms. Z

thmbup.gif
Great haul! Enjoy!
thmbup.gif

I hope this week is better for you!
smiles.gif

KeshieShimmer

What crazy face wash was it so we can avoid it.

Retail hauling always makes me feel better, well that and Chocolate Chip Cookie dough ice cream.

starangel2383

aww, i hope you feel better once you get your hauls in the mail. i know that i was feeling crappy today but i perked up when i received my nordstrom's package in the mail.

thenovice

Thanks guys!

Its was Aveda Purifying Cream Cleanser.

Just FYI, i've never had any bad problem with any other Aveda product before. Argh.... It will be friday before my Clinique stuff arrives. And i just ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's, i feel better. Thanks so much. You are all wonderful.

Love Always Ivy

awww oh no. so sorry about your face. definetly try to narrow down the ingredient in the aveda face wash that irritated you, so you can avoid it. i know how it feels cause i recently just tried a new foundation and i broke out immediately
ssad.gif
now i gotta work super hard to calm it back down.

but great hauls! how are the paint pots looking? are they worth picking up?

thenovice

I actually haven't gotten them yet. I ordered them to see if it would be worth it to buy more when Painterly came out. I have no idea. Sorry! They should be here in the next 2 days though. When they get here i'll be sure to post!

I have to wait till friday/saturday for the face wash ect... to come. Currently using a medicated face was till then. I hope it goes away. I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks! Sorry about your foundation...i haven't had that experience yet. Thanks!

PeaceLoveVogue

I'm sorry about your facewash. That's definitely happened to me.

Let us know how you end up liking the painpots, I'm curious. I hear a lot of people say they don't dry as quickly as the paints in the tubes. Which would be a good thing.

Nice haul btw.
smiles.gif

thenovice

As soon as they get here i will be sure to test them out.

I'm glad to know i am not alone on the face wash thing. I appreciate it. Thanks so much.

thenovice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveVogue
I'm sorry about your facewash. That's definitely happened to me.

Let us know how you end up liking the painpots, I'm curious. I hear a lot of people say they don't dry as quickly as the paints in the tubes. Which would be a good thing.

Nice haul btw.
smiles.gif

The paint pots are harder than regular paints as far as i can tell. I imagine one you get father down into them they are softer, but i didn't want to dig to deep. Beautiful colors FYI. I also thought they would be smaller in size, like fluidlines. But they are actually the size of tendertones. Which was nice considering the cost. I think they will be a staple in my makeup. I haven't tried them as a base yet, hopefully they work fine.