Le Book?

tattooednglossy

Has anyone ever seen or bought one of these before?
It's new on the macpro site for $180 (with only a 10% discount).
Just wondering how wonderful or not so wonderful it is?

mac_goddess

What's the description? I emailed MAC a while back asking them to put together a book with the face chart collections from years past, all I got was a thank you email and heard nothing else from it.

I also said maybe they should make it a hardcover book with the donations going towards the AIDS foundation, kinda like the Viva Glam items.

bluegrassbabe

It's an industry book, not produced by MAC. It is focused on fashion as a whole, including makeup, photography, hair, clothing, etc. It has a lot of advertising and contact information for those working in the fashion world. It probably wouldn't be very useful for the average consumer.

http://www.lebook.com/gb/

tattooednglossy

Well I am asking as someone who works in the industry, seeing as its advertised on the pro website I figured it wouldnt be of interest to the average consumer - was more curious if anyone had one that could tell me if there was a lot of editorial photographs that would be good inspiration. i'm always on the look out for more things to add to my look book for clients to look through.

petitsinge

description from amazon.com (for Le Book 2006)

Designed this year by renowned fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto, Le Book is the contact information bible for the fashion and advertising industries. It serves as an international key to the creative world, an up-to-the-minute guide to more than 10,000 professionals--from the best photographers, art directors, stylists and modeling agencies, to location finders, rental studios, caterers, record labels, magazines, advertising agencies, fashion designers and public relations firms. In short, everything and everyone that is important to these industries can be found all in one place, right here, in Le Book. Displaying the work of some of the hottest and most enduring photographers of our time, Le Book serves not only as a reference, but also as a time capsule for this yearís best in photography and design. With thousands of images, it's a virtual who's who of creative talent. With practical contact information, it's also a whose who. But more importantly, Le Book functions as a source of inspiration for creative people worldwide, and has become the global meeting place for those involved in the fields of visual communication.

brandiisamonkey

So I was just browsing the MAC Pro site

I found this https://www.macpro.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14646&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1 0282

so wow thoughts, opinions?
type.gif

amy_forster

It's been on there a while but I'm not sure about it! There's not really a lot of information about it!

brandiisamonkey

Thats the same thing I was thinking (I just saw it though I didnt know how long it had been there) I wish there was more info on it
ssad.gif
I was hoping that MABYE someone had it lol and could give me more info lol

carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
What are you seeing? That link only brings me to the front page. ??

Multipurposecolon Le Book NY 2006
Created in 1981 by Veronique Kolasa, LE BOOK is the world’s first and only trade publication for the fashion, beauty, design, entertainment, media and advertising industries. LE BOOK showcases images of today’s and tomorrow’s great photographers, art directors, and hair & makeup artists. A source of inspiration for creatives worldwide, LE BOOK contains more than 4,000 pages of visuals and listings carefully edited by the most influential image-makers in the fields of photography, fashion, music and design. M·A·C PRO Members in the US only may purchase LE BOOK at a special rate, which includes a 10% discount. Not available outside of the US.

M7JA01_128.jpg

Try switching the country chooser to US if that's an option on the MAC pro site (I know this happens sometimes with the regular site).