LG Chocolate phone problems!

banjobama

I got my Chocolate phone a year ago and it's crapping out! The little touch keypad part doesn't work half the time, and when it does work, it thinks every button is "send." The phone also just randomly sends messages while I am still typing them.

I tried everything to fix it and decided to just reactivate my old Nokia phone which never gave me problems. At least I can still use the Chocolate as an mp3 player.

Anybody else have problems with their Chocolate?

xsnowwhite

i dont own a chocolate, but ive got friends that have them and also experience problems like that. It always goes crazy and when you press one thing it does 60 other different things lol

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
i dont own a chocolate, but ive got friends that have them and also experience problems like that. It always goes crazy and when you press one thing it does 60 other different things lol

Yeah I pretty much hate the thing. haha.

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
they fixed the touch sensitive thing on the new ones

So I heard. I can't get a new phone till September 2008, though. =(

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
So I heard. I can't get a new phone till September 2008, though. =(

I know what your feeling, I have been waiting forever for my contract to end... it ends in Feb, 2008 , so i still have 5 months to go. . I have a razr that is literally falling apart. (its missing pieces)

vivaXglamlove

Go to a verizon store and they will either fix or replace it.
I don't have the chocolate but I do have verizon and they have helped me so much with phone problems.

Jaim

Oh man, I've only had my chocolate phone for a few months and it's okay. I hope it doesn't crap out like yours!

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim
Oh man, I've only had my chocolate phone for a few months and it's okay. I hope it doesn't crap out like yours!

I hope for your sake too! Do you have the new version or the old version?

BloodMittens

I went through two chocolate phones already, and I've only had mine maybe 6 months... It would crap out and give me a white screen and it wouldn't do any commands. And Verizon didn't help me at all! They told me it was water damage and that they couldn't do anything about it. Until I called the customer service line and yelled-y-poo at them and they sent me a new one.

The same thing happened with my boyfriend's chocolate too... he only had to replace his once though, but the slider is all screwy now too.

Mass produced phones are horrible. Seriously.

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
I went through two chocolate phones already, and I've only had mine maybe 6 months... It would crap out and give me a white screen and it wouldn't do any commands. And Verizon didn't help me at all! They told me it was water damage and that they couldn't do anything about it. Until I called the customer service line and yelled-y-poo at them and they sent me a new one.

The same thing happened with my boyfriend's chocolate too... he only had to replace his once though, but the slider is all screwy now too.

Mass produced phones are horrible. Seriously.

Yeah, I noticed that about their CS, if you yell at them a little you can get what you want.

I activated my old Nokia phone, the old school kind that you can change the faceplates and such. It always works perfectly, so I'll probably stick with Nokias from now on.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that about their CS, if you yell at them a little you can get what you want.

I activated my old Nokia phone, the old school kind that you can change the faceplates and such. It always works perfectly, so I'll probably stick with Nokias from now on.

I had a Nokia, not the oldest one with the antenna, but it was small ahh heres a picture .. It was the BEST phone EVER. The battery is totally wasted but If I could use it with my tmobile service, I would

xinsrc_1d14d013810342e4a2ccb8e463f5ec29_3310_24.jpg

BloodMittens

Quote:

Nokia's are great phones
greengrin.gif
I have noticed that. Motorolas always broke on me and but my latest Chocolate is doing well. Another phone I like is the Sony Ericsson or however you spell it. I used to have this real old tiny Sony phone, but it was the BOMB! I loved it
greengrin.gif

aliciaz727

my friend has the older version and is still using it. She said she doesn't have any problems with the phone yet except that she presses the touch sensitive buttons really weird and her thumb hurts once in awhile... but my dad just got the new blue mint chocolate and he really likes it.