Light pink lip liner?

neotrad

I wish MAC would make and release some lipliners (both pencils & creamstick liners) that are pale pink. I used to use Little Tease and Girlfriend lipliners, but they've been discontinued. I was recommended to use Pink Treat c/l, but it's not pale enough for some of my favorite lipsticks such as B Cup, Classical, etc... Subculture is more like beige pink which is also too dark for pale pink lipsticks.
ssad.gif

Is it just me that's been waiting and waiting for MAC to make a really pale pink lipliner like that?
ssad.gif

melliquor

I agree with you on that. I was looking for a light pink liner that can go with all of my my bubblegum pink lippies and there was nothing. I don't know if you have Gosh Cosmetics where you live but try them. I got 2 pink ones that are beautiful and exactly what i was looking for.

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I agree with you on that. I was looking for a light pink liner that can go with all of my my bubblegum pink lippies and there was nothing. I don't know if you have Gosh Cosmetics where you live but try them. I got 2 pink ones that are beautiful and exactly what i was looking for.

I don't think Gosh Cosmetics is available here in Japan.
But I will keep checking it out on ebay. Thanks!
smiles.gif

lara

Great minds think alike! I just posted in the Recommendations forum about sourcing a true pale pink lipliner. They're getting harder and harder to get, even though pale pink lipstick has really come back into fashion.

ledonatella

I agree too...although Sephora makes a really good one if you're looking for one. It's their slim pencil in #137 Carnation Pink and it's only $4.

AlarmAgent

It's a real shame, there is no shortage of light lipsticks to be had, but if you want one to match in lipliner form, well, be ready to look around forever. Best I've found so far is Milani, one of their automatic twist-ups in the color Pink Sugar, I believe. It's still not as pale as it could be, but for me, it's the best option around. Don't let the color of the stick fool you, it's quite a bit lighter than that, at least.

I wouldn't give up the search for a better one, though. I know I haven't, haha. Milani's is good enough in the meantime for me!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Yeah I want one too. I have nothing to go with Real Doll, Myth, Strange Hybrid, etc. However, when I use Style It Up! and Honey Moon, I use Stripdown Lip Pencil.

JGmac

I've had this same problem! The lipliners out there are mainly too dark for the light sheer shades of lipstick I like to wear.

MAC's lighter liners, like Mother Pearl, don't seem to show up at all! And I have yet to try a light pink that I like.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what everyone recommends.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
I agree too...although Sephora makes a really good one if you're looking for one. It's their slim pencil in #137 Carnation Pink and it's only $4.

I will definitely look into this! Thanks!!

MAC_Whore

I will have to check those out. I love my MAC Zandra lipstick and my Lancome Proenza Pink. I have been relying on the following MAC liners:

Slightly Off
Little Tease
Girlfriend
Ms. Petunia eye kohl
Pinkie Pro Pencil

With the exception of Pinkie, they are all DC'd! My stash of DCs won't hold out forever. I really wish MAC would bring back: Slightly Off (light pinked lavender), Girlfriend (light warm pink) and Garnet (darker true blue red). Those were gorgeous liners that MAC replaced with a big, gaping nothing.

Great thread. I needed some alternatives. Thanks

sarzio

I totally agree... I was trying to find a liner for creme de la femme the other day (for use as a base) and I was reccommended pink treat creme stick liner... It is nice and all, but TOTALLY changes the colour of the lipstick. Gah. I can't wait until sephora is open here which will be soon
greengrin.gif

Cruella

I really like Prestige Silk lipliner. It is a very light pink that I use under clear gloss when I want a pinky-nude lip.

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella

I use that and #135 too, they're both really pale
smiles.gif

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella
I really like Prestige Silk lipliner. It is a very light pink that I use under clear gloss when I want a pinky-nude lip.

What brand is it that makes Prestige Silk lipliner?

Ella_

NYX barbie lipliner is a good true pale pink. I'll swatch it tomorrow if I can remember where I put it.