Lime Crime Lipstick

thefbomb

I have never tried it as liner. I use it with a glitter base (LA Splash's "sealer") and it stays on all day, but I don't know how well it will hold up as a liner. I will test it out tomorrow and let you know!
oh ok, thanks!

dash4

oh ok, thanks!

It works great as a liner.. however, supposedly there is controversy again. People have been posting that they have mold/fungus growing in their SuperFoils.. you can google it and read - I think it is on reddit and instagram.

I do wonder if people are spraying water directly onto the eyeshadows and that's what is causing the mold to form. I have been just using it as directed (putting it on my finger then spraying my finger)..and I do not have mold in mine.

I dunno, but I don't know if I will purchase any more of them.

Shars

It works great as a liner.. however, supposedly there is controversy again. People have been posting that they have mold/fungus growing in their SuperFoils.. you can google it and read - I think it is on reddit and instagram.

I do wonder if people are spraying water directly onto the eyeshadows and that's what is causing the mold to form. I have been just using it as directed (putting it on my finger then spraying my finger)..and I do not have mold in mine.

Eeeeek!! I'm hoping it's user error as well but to grow mould that quickly would be weird.

dash4

Eeeeek!! I'm hoping it's user error as well but to grow mould that quickly would be weird.

Someone (maybe beautyinvestigator??) wrote something about a reaction between the water in the shadows and the tin casing that it is housed in. S/he said you should never use tin in conjunction with a product that has water in it because it can cause it to rust, which in turn causes reactionary problems. (I paraphrased the heck out of that lol).. I am not sure if that is accurate or not, but I do know that water breeds bacteria like a mofo.. so I already avoided spraying it directly.

I read that LC has offered to refund people's money for the items, so that's good if it is true.. Maybe they're finally learning their lesson on how to treat paying customers! I got mine free with purchase, so I can't complain..

Doe Deere just can not seem to catch a break though!

beauteblogueur

I had mold in two of my older superfoils. I never actually used any type of liquid with them, just patted them on over glitter primer. I hadn't even touched them in months, and they'd been stored in a dark, dry environment. I bought two of the new shades too before this came out, and those arrived with what I can now see are rusting pans.

Lime Crime just gave me a full refund for them no questions asked, so it seems like whatever they're saying publicly, they actually know they have a real problem here.

Shars

Someone (maybe beautyinvestigator??) wrote something about a reaction between the water in the shadows and the tin casing that it is housed in. S/he said you should never use tin in conjunction with a product that has water in it because it can cause it to rust, which in turn causes reactionary problems. (I paraphrased the heck out of that lol).. I am not sure if that is accurate or not, but I do know that water breeds bacteria like a mofo.. so I already avoided spraying it directly.

I read that LC has offered to refund people's money for the items, so that's good if it is true.. Maybe they're finally learning their lesson on how to treat paying customers! I got mine free with purchase, so I can't complain..

Doe Deere just can not seem to catch a break though!

DANG! It's such a shame for her but karma does come back around.

dash4

I had mold in two of my older superfoils. I never actually used any type of liquid with them, just patted them on over glitter primer. I hadn't even touched them in months, and they'd been stored in a dark, dry environment. I bought two of the new shades too before this came out, and those arrived with what I can now see are rusting pans.

Lime Crime just gave me a full refund for them no questions asked, so it seems like whatever they're saying publicly, they actually know they have a real problem here.

Oh no! Thank you for the heads up. I had worked out in my mind that it was due to people spraying water on it - at least that's what I hoped it was, because I wanted to still use mine.. I love it. But I am going to discontinue use, because the eyes are not something to mess with.

I am glad they refunded you your money! I just went to their website and they're all saying "out of stock". I wonder if they are going to change the pan they're housed in (assuming that's what is causing this issue).

DANG! It's such a shame for her but karma does come back around.

No kidding.. She was just starting to repair her company.. I have noticed that since everything has died down -- people are using LC on YT and instagram again..It is crazy how things work out.

dash4

Hey guys, I don't want to be dramatic, but I just watched a video by a girl who used to collab with Lime Crime - who says she got an awful reaction to the diamond crushers. She also painted an unflattering light on the company and how they treated her when she was working with them.

Again, I hate posting he/she said drama, but at the same time I want to give you guys the heads up about it. Of course I am not telling anyone to NOT buy them.. it might have just been her body chemistry reacting to an ingredient, but of course - you guys are FAM and I wanted to make sure that I at least told you about it.

I am not sure if I can directly link the YT video, but the YT name is: ATLEEEEYand the name of the vide is MY LIME CRIME EXPERIENCE ​..

EDIT: apparently she was live swatching the diamond crushers on snapchat and during the process her lips swelled up and started burning... then lime crime contacted her acting witchy about it.

Last edited:

dash4

They have started their Black Friday deals. Some velvetines are only $5 .. (Rave, Squash... etc). I am tempted to get the Venus palette 2 which is on sale for $28..

Shars

They have started their Black Friday deals. Some velvetines are only $5 .. (Rave, Squash... etc). I am tempted to get the Venus palette 2 which is on sale for $28..

I was eyeing some of those $5 ones but I don't want to buy them just because they're $5 lol. I just bought Squash and Pumpkin from Hautelook the other day when they were on sale for $10. Kinda wish I waited for this since I had to pay Hautelook's ridiculous $5.95 shipping charge.

dash4

I was eyeing some of those $5 ones but I don't want to buy them just because they're $5 lol. I just bought Squash and Pumpkin from Hautelook the other day when they were on sale for $10. Kinda wish I waited for this since I had to pay Hautelook's ridiculous $5.95 shipping charge.

Ugh. I know! I love hautelook, but it really burns me out to pay shipping charges in this day and age. So many times I load up my cart on hautelook but can not get to the $100 to get free shipping without buying stuff I don't really want, so I just delete my cart.

Anyway I ended up buying Gigi Velvetine, Moonstone Velvetine and the Venus 2 palette.

I noticed Dolls Kill (with their creepy website) also has Lime Crime on sale too, but their threshold for free shipping is $75.. Then later I started thinking about how I had wanted to try some Lunatick cosmetics items and Dolls Kill has them on sale. I probably should have purchased from there. Oh well.

I bet Squash and Pumpkin are going to look amazing on you!

Shars

Ugh. I know! I love hautelook, but it really burns me out to pay shipping charges in this day and age. So many times I load up my cart on hautelook but can not get to the $100 to get free shipping without buying stuff I don't really want, so I just delete my cart.

Anyway I ended up buying Gigi Velvetine, Moonstone Velvetine and the Venus 2 palette.

I noticed Dolls Kill (with their creepy website) also has Lime Crime on sale too, but their threshold for free shipping is $75.. Then later I started thinking about how I had wanted to try some Lunatick cosmetics items and Dolls Kill has them on sale. I probably should have purchased from there. Oh well.

I bet Squash and Pumpkin are going to look amazing on you!

I like Gigi as well. Thank you! Fingers crossed for Squash and Pumpkin that they look nice on me. The worst thing about paying that $5.95 to Hautelook is that you still have to wait 2-3 weeks before you get your items.... *ughhh!

ETA: Sometimes there's a code floating around for free shipping and/or a discount on Dolls Kill. I'm surprised they aren't doing free shipping for BF!

dash4

I like Gigi as well. Thank you! Fingers crossed for Squash and Pumpkin that they look nice on me. The worst thing about paying that $5.95 to Hautelook is that you still have to wait 2-3 weeks before you get your items.... *ughhh!

ETA: Sometimes there's a code floating around for free shipping and/or a discount on Dolls Kill. I'm surprised they aren't doing free shipping for BF!

Yes, I thought they would do free shipping too, but it is only on orders of $75+. They are offering some sort of mystery card that could be worth $10-$1,000.. so maybe they did that to keep people from making multiple orders to get multiple mystery cards??!?! That's my guess. If you don't like Squash and Pumpkin - you can always layer them with other lipsticks. I find that LC mixes very well with all sorts of other liquid lipsticks.. I mix them a lot. Moonstone looks SO light - I will probably have to use that as a mixer!!

I am bummed that the SuperFoil turned out to be funky, because I would have ordered more during the BF sale.. but now I won't even use the one I have (but I haven't thrown it out yet), because I am scared of it.. lol.

Shars

Yes, I thought they would do free shipping too, but it is only on orders of $75+. They are offering some sort of mystery card that could be worth $10-$1,000.. so maybe they did that to keep people from making multiple orders to get multiple mystery cards??!?! That's my guess. If you don't like Squash and Pumpkin - you can always layer them with other lipsticks. I find that LC mixes very well with all sorts of other liquid lipsticks.. I mix them a lot. Moonstone looks SO light - I will probably have to use that as a mixer!!

I am bummed that the SuperFoil turned out to be funky, because I would have ordered more during the BF sale.. but now I won't even use the one I have (but I haven't thrown it out yet), because I am scared of it.. lol.

Yes!! LC is probably my favourite liquid lipstick formula although the Sephora and Colour Pop ones would tie as close seconds. I loved those two colours on a lot of people I saw but I agree that they can definitely be layering colours. I see LC now has free shipping on all orders today. I didn't put through my order yesterday because I literally do NOT need any more liquid lipsticks ever in life lol! But now my fingers are feeling twitchy. I may actually get that Xenon one that's on sale for $5. It looks a lot like the Pat McGrath gold pigment (to me anyways) and since they Velvetines are eye safe, I was thinking Xenon would be a super cheap dupe lol. We'll see though.

Bummer on the SuperFoils for sure. I've seen some scary pics of those all over IG. Better safe than sorry, I would say.

dash4

Yes!! LC is probably my favourite liquid lipstick formula although the Sephora and Colour Pop ones would tie as close seconds. I loved those two colours on a lot of people I saw but I agree that they can definitely be layering colours. I see LC now has free shipping on all orders today. I didn't put through my order yesterday because I literally do NOT need any more liquid lipsticks ever in life lol! But now my fingers are feeling twitchy. I may actually get that Xenon one that's on sale for $5. It looks a lot like the Pat McGrath gold pigment (to me anyways) and since they Velvetines are eye safe, I was thinking Xenon would be a super cheap dupe lol. We'll see though.

Bummer on the SuperFoils for sure. I've seen some scary pics of those all over IG. Better safe than sorry, I would say.

LC and Jeffree Star are my favorite formulas, but I am done with Jeffree Star, so no matter how great they are - and how many beautiful shades he releases... I just can not reward someone with such abhorrent behavior, like JS's... and it was caught on tape..yikes. (not trying to start drama with that.. just being honest).

I saw the free shipping offer this morning and refrained (I was going to get Cement).. I didn't know they were eye safe!! I might end up making an order after all..lol.

I think orange/corals are so complimentary on WOC's skin. I bet Squash and Pumpkin are going to be stunning on you!!

EDIT: Are the metallics eye safe too?

Shars

LC and Jeffree Star are my favorite formulas, but I am done with Jeffree Star, so no matter how great they are - and how many beautiful shades he releases... I just can not reward someone with such abhorrent behavior, like JS's... and it was caught on tape..yikes. (not trying to start drama with that.. just being honest).

I saw the free shipping offer this morning and refrained (I was going to get Cement).. I didn't know they were eye safe!! I might end up making an order after all..lol.

I think orange/corals are so complimentary on WOC's skin. I bet Squash and Pumpkin are going to be stunning on you!!

EDIT: Are the metallics eye safe too?

Hmmm... Now I'm now sure about the metallics. I swore I saw on a post somewhere that the regular ones were eye safe. I sent them a question on IG just in case.

ETA: They responded pretty quickly. Said they're safe but were formulated and recommended for use on lips. So basically use at your own risk. Their exact text is below in case anyone is interested:

"Hi! V-tines are completely safe, but were created and are recommended for use on lips. We've seen great MUA's create eye looks without any issues, but every human body is different. If you have a reaction to any makeup, discontinue use."

Last edited:

dash4

Hmmm... Now I'm now sure about the metallics. I swore I saw on a post somewhere that the regular ones were eye safe. I sent them a question on IG just in case.

ETA: They responded pretty quickly. Said they're safe but were formulated and recommended for use on lips. So basically use at your own risk. Their exact text is below in case anyone is interested:

"Hi! V-tines are completely safe, but were created and are recommended for use on lips. We've seen great MUA's create eye looks without any issues, but every human body is different. If you have a reaction to any makeup, discontinue use."

Awww... Well, I will probably skip the metallics on the eyes, but I will definitely try some of the regular ones. My skin is very resilient and nothing really aggravates it.. but since the metallics probably have micro-glitter - I won't risk it. I don't wear metallic lips, so it would be a waste of $ - if it didn't work.. TY for investigating for me! lol

leonah

did anyone get the girls bundle or any of the shades in it? I want gigi and sasha but not sure yet

Latest posts