Lipmix tray/insert...Is it microwaveable?

ShadowyLady

I recently bought a Lipmix palette and want to put lipsticks in it...but it's hard to make them look neat! Has anyone here ever microwaved the tray so that the lipsticks would melt into the bottoms of the wells? I would hate to experiment with this and end up with a huge disaster!

bluegrassbabe

Thats how I do it. Just be sure to us the defrost or the melt butter setting. Don't put it on a high setting. I do it in 10 second increments, so it never gets a chance to overheat. Keep a close eye on it while they are melting, and be sure not to overfill the trays. The frost formula melts the fastest, so you might want to add them last. Amplified cream melt slower, and mattes don't melt well at all, but they can be pushed neatly into the tray with the little spatula that comes with the palette.
Good Luck

MACreation

Would it be safe the lipmix palette for a bit on top of my radiator? I do this with my Lip Conditioners to get them to melt to the bottom. Would this damage the l/s?

mskitchmas

I've done it in the microwave very successfully - and I've also ruined a palette and all of the lipsticks, cause I wasn't paying attention and let it go on too long. You can also just stick it on your car dashboard on a sunny day and it will melt everything slower, but much more safely!

lara

Microwaving any wet cosmetics is a sure-fire way of destroying preservatives and the anti-bacterial components of your cosmetics, leading to rancid products. Things like lipsticks and blushcremes can also irreversably seperate, leaving a layer of solids and a layer of oils.

The car dashboard still isn't great for your lipsticks, but it's a gentler heat.

pokiedot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowyLady
I recently bought a Lipmix palette and want to put lipsticks in it...but it's hard to make them look neat! Has anyone here ever microwaved the tray so that the lipsticks would melt into the bottoms of the wells? I would hate to experiment with this and end up with a huge disaster!

I melted one in the microwave, and it wasn't in there that long either. It went back into the palette, but it didn't look very pretty.

I bought a new tray and made it work and look pretty like this:

1. remove the lipstick from tube (or cut piece off) and place on large spoon. I used a large flat-ish serving spoon. I will save you some time, a ladle doesn't work, it doesn't pour tiny amounts as well as a flat spoon.

2. Hold spoon over the flame from a candle until the lipstick melts. you might have to use a toothpick to move the solid lipstick around in the melted lipstick to get it all melted and even.

3. Pour carefully into empty well.

In between shades wipe the spoon onto paper towels or cloth that you will throw away. It comes off quickly while the lipstick is still hot.

hope this helps, i love my lipmix palette
smiles.gif

melissa

MACreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiedot
I melted one in the microwave, and it wasn't in there that long either. It went back into the palette, but it didn't look very pretty.

1. remove the lipstick from tube (or cut piece off) and place on large spoon. I used a large flat-ish serving spoon. I will save you some time, a ladle doesn't work, it doesn't pour tiny amounts as well as a flat spoon.

2. Hold spoon over the flame from a candle until the lipstick melts. you might have to use a toothpick to move the solid lipstick around in the melted lipstick to get it all melted and even.

In between shades wipe the spoon onto paper towels or cloth that you will throw away. It comes off quickly while the lipstick is still hot.

smiles.gif

melissa

If I say I love you will you et offnded...lol...thank you sooo mcuh!!

geminia

How much of a lipstick would you add it? In the bigger departments what would you put in them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiedot

smiles.gif

melissa