Lipstain recs!

love_and_hate

I'm an NC 20 girl who loves lipstains. I lick my lips a lot, drink a lot of fluid during the day, and I smoke (gross... I know).. which makes my lipcolor fade FAST. And I dont have the patience to keep applying it. Could anyone recommend me some good lipstains (any brand)? I have one lipstain, its UD's ink.. and its alrite.. but its not that great. Any suggestions would be outstanding! Thanks!!!

Kali
PS Just because I thought this was cute..
nanaparty.gif

lara

Benetint by Benefit
Lip & Cheek Stain by The Body Shop
Beach Tint by Becca.

No stain is going to last forever, especially not when you're smoking, so don't expect more than about four or five hours wear before reapplication.

gildedangel

I really like the MAC ones from sugarsweet I think? If you can find them, you might be able to find them at the CCO relatively soon if they aren't available at MAC anymore. Sephora also has a decent selection of lip stains from different brands that you could check out too. I love Benefit's Benetint as well!

Visual Edge

Benetint is my favorite lipstain but I also like the new covergirl outlast ones. I wear benetint under red lipstick, layer like hell, and it give me red lips all day long but you can use less for a pinky color. Benetint is a blush stain too and it comes in a lot of different packaging- there's a purse version with a gloss and a few kits that come with a small version. They also have a lighter stain called posietint which you might prefer.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I love, love Laura Mercier Lip Stains....my favorite is Scarlet...prettiest red ever and then Shy Pink.. it's a neutral pink...They are moisturizing not drying at all and they last pretty much of the day for me. They have some great colors and the jar is as big as a Paintpot jar so lasts a long long time.

Meisje

Maybelline Superstay lip color is fabulous (as long as you follow the application directions). It stays on for hours.

hawaii02

It's not a lip stain, but for me, I wore Magnetique yesterday. It lasted at least 4 hours (school) and was a stain by the time I got home.

outinapout

Believe it or not, Victoria's Secret used to make marker-type stains that weren't half bad. They are currently phasing them out, but you may be able to pick some up at 75% off (like $2-3.00)

I will say they are a bit drying, but TONS better than the Covergirl Outlast stain- IMHO, those are like rubbing Koolaid powder on your lips; when you lick your lips, it stains the entire inside of your mouth and 80% is gone from your lips. I was tempted to try them because it seemed like every beauty mag was giving them an award, but I thought they were a waste of $7.00

Benetint stays on well, but is definitely pink pink. Nixie also makes one that is more of a gel, it goes on evenly and wears very well, but the color I got was more pink than the red it was supposed to be, so I don't wear it often and can't speak to any of the other colors.

LMD84

i really like benetint but it is very liquidy so be careful not to spill it! i also have a couple of the revlon just bitten stains which i think were limited but i picked them up about 6 months ago cheap. they really last!

the mac lip stain that i have - not so shy i think! - is not that great. really drying and faded quicker than the other stains i have mentioned

Caderas

i haven't tried any actual stains before, but i know Covergirl just came out with a line of their own lipstains. there are some good swatches on MUA!

ladyJ

I love MAC secret crush. I apply virgin kiss lipglass on top and it looks great but the stain itself is really nice.