Lipstick Application...

serendipityii

I have the world's biggest problem when it comes to putting on lipsticks. I have a lip brush, the 318 (I think... the retractable one), but I can't use it to save my life. It doesn't put on enough color for me, so I apply straight out of the tube. Also, before I apply, I put on Aquaphor (like Vaseline) so I don't have chapped lips but then the color payoff is terrible. Help?

asteffey

i let my lip balm soak in while i do my face makeup, then blot it off a few times and lightly dust my lips with powder to adhere the lipstick. it works pretty well for me. i like to do a first coat of l/s right out of the tube and then do the second, etc coats with a lipbrush. i feel this will help you build up skill with the brush too. i was pretty awkward with lip brushes when i first tried, but you will get the hang of it.
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

try using an exfoliating lip balm, such as paula dorf simple skin, as often as possible to keep lips soft and mosturized.

apply a coat of prep and prime lip before you do any of your makeup, giving it a few minutes to sink in. i usually apply it, then do my eyes, then wipe off the excess, then continue and do my face makeup, then move onto my lips. essentially, you want moisturize and prime your lips, but you want them to be as clean as possible, if that makes sense. when i wear lipstick, i usually use a very neutral liner (spice or whirl), lightly fill in my lips with the lipstick using my lip brush (too faced brush), a quick blot with loose transluscent powder, then a coat from the tube, followed by a lipglass/gelee/etc. also applied with the lipbrush, for more precision. hope this helps some.

brandi

i would do like said above... put on your moisturizer for your lips first... i use the prep and prime lip or just the conditioner from mac.... i do my eyes then i go back to my lips... i first line them and then use the brush for my l/s and my l/g.... sometimes color doesnt always come out the best so i use the tube and then even out with my brush...