Lipstick Problem...Please Help!!!

juicygirl

i have been having this extremely annoying lipstick problem and hope that someone can help me. whenever i wear lipstick, within like an hour, the lipstick on the inner edge is all clumped together. i dont know if this description makes sense, but like the inner rim, the part of the lip that people can only see if you have your mouth open. what can i do to prevent this?? it is so incredibly annoying!! for ref, i am obsessed with chapstick so i know my lips are moisturized. i usually rub off the chapstick before applying lipstick. also, i am unsure if the problem i am having is what is known as feathering. please help!

purrtykitty

It's not feathering - that's what happens when your lipstick fades around the edges. I think I get what you're talking about. Try making an "O" shape with your mouth, putting your finger in your mouth (so that the inner part of your lips only touches on your finger), and then pulling (you'll have a ring of lipstick around your finger, then) - like you were sucking on a lollipop or popsicle. You'll get rid of the excess lipstick or gloss that way and it should take care of the caking.

Mizz.Yasmine

try exfiolating them every morning with a toothbrush or washcloth, even if u use chapstick u can still have flakes build up after time.

concealer + lipliner will help too.

kimmy

purrtykitty posted exactly what i was going to suggest. doing that will also keep lipstick off of your teeth.
winks.gif

aside from that, you should definately exfoliate your lips as often as you exfoliate your face. a lip primer might also help your problem.
smiles.gif

juicygirl

thanks everyone for all of your suggestions! i bought the whirl l/l today so with that and all of your awesome tips, i should be good to go. =]