Lipstick Recs for an almost 17 y/o

Classic Beauty

I'm going to go to MAC sometime this week and I want to get two lipsticks, one red and one a natural. I'm a NC15 or NC20, brown hair, brownish-greenish eyes.

First question,
I have dark circles, would red even look good on me, or would it bring out my dark circles? (pics on myspace)

Second question,
I'm a junior in HS, should I even get a red, or wait until I'm older and more "sophisticated."

Third question,
If I do manage to get a red, which red color would look good on me? I was thinking Tassle, Dubonnet, House Wine, Culturebloom, Lady Bug, or Eager?

Fourth question,
What natural color should I get? Blankety, Hue, or Pretty Please?

neotrad

1. Do you mean dark circles under your eyes or...? I don't see any dark circles on your face in those pics! I just think red would look stunning on you.

2. hmmm, if you 'WANT' a red lipstick, and/or have occasions to wear red, I don't see why you should wait.
winks.gif

3. Tassle is a GORGEOUS color and a limited edition! It'd look good on you!

4. Out of those 3, I'd say Pretty Please. Recent limited edition, Smile is also cute too.
smiles.gif

Classic Beauty

Really, really dark circles under my eyes. It's a combo of hereditary and allergies and sleep deprivation, so I have like super dark circles.
ssad.gif

Wattage

Hmm - I would suggest maybe a red lipglass/gloss for you as you are still so young and fresh! My sister bought Russian Red lipglass last summer (when she was 18 ) and it looks stunning on her. We are Eastern European descent so we also have those characteristic dark circles under our eyes - my sister even more so than I do.

Just my personal feeling, but I tend to find red red lipstick a little too much for young girls. You are all so beautiful and young - sometimes the red can be overpowering. I just got into wearing bright red l/s this year (Ruby Woo was my first!) and I am 24. I don't wear it daily, only really out in the evenings type thing.

From the sounds of things, there are some awesomely coloured Lipgelees coming out this summer and I think one is a beautiful red with shimmer. I really think this would look fab on someone young. I know I will be picking up a few!

HTH!
winks.gif

Classic Beauty

That's how I kind of feel, but at the same time I still want a red. Maybe I'll just get venetian l/g instead.

OK, so I can get 1 more lipstick. I'm at a total loss for which one, oh well.

Tonitra

If you're wanting to check out a red, definitely try Dubonnet. I didn't think I would find a red that worked for me until this one! I love, love, love it! And the texture is so wonderful, its an amplified cream.

As for neutrals, i'm not too sure. I have tanarama and I like it, but it gives a very nude effect, maybe more so that you might want most of the time. I have had my eye on Blankety though...let me know how it works out? I'm wanting a nice neutral pink myself.

Good luck!

noteventherain

awesome- we have the same colourings!

1. as in, wearing reds on your lips or eyes? either way. . .as long as you do a good polished job of concealing the dark circles, it shouldn't look bad at all. just keep it clean and the skintone even and it will look great.

2/3. pfft I say go for it! My favorite reds: Viva Glam I, Rocker, & Culturebloom. (this is me wearing Mahogany lip pencil w/ Viva Glam I l/s: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...herain/mo2.jpg)

4. Blankety is my favorite nude. It's gorgeous.
Blankety--
rsbbfotd10.jpg

and WOW- I looked at your pictures, and you are absolutely stunning girl!!!

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Hmm - I would suggest maybe a red lipglass/gloss for you as you are still so young and fresh! My sister bought Russian Red lipglass last summer (when she was 18 ) and it looks stunning on her. We are Eastern European descent so we also have those characteristic dark circles under our eyes - my sister even more so than I do.

Just my personal feeling, but I tend to find red red lipstick a little too much for young girls. You are all so beautiful and young - sometimes the red can be overpowering. I just got into wearing bright red l/s this year (Ruby Woo was my first!) and I am 24. I don't wear it daily, only really out in the evenings type thing.

From the sounds of things, there are some awesomely coloured Lipgelees coming out this summer and I think one is a beautiful red with shimmer. I really think this would look fab on someone young. I know I will be picking up a few!

HTH!
winks.gif

i agree,i think gloss/lipglass would be perfect!

mspixieears

I didn't start wearing makeup till my 20s, but if you're keen on red lipstick, I don't see why you shouldn't try it! You might want to try a red lustre, if you're still a bit timid, some of the lustres are really lovely. Culturebloom is really pretty, and I've had my eye on Lady Bug & Eager for quite sometime, odd for a lipgloss-lover like myself!

The other thing you may want to consider is if you have loose bits of hair, you may want to avoid lipgloss because hair will get stuck no matter what! The good thing about lipstick is that it isn't so big a problem, and could be more long-wearing?