Lipstick recs please!

elleread

Hiya,
Sooo... I've finally saved up enough empties for a B2M and I am in search of some suggestions for what lipstick to get! This is hard as I almost never wear lipstick, so don't know where to start!
001_unsure.gif

The only one I do have (and it's lovely) is 3N. So maybe something a bit different? I always get confused by the huge choice when i go into Mac and I have to say I've never found any very helpful MAs at my local store
thmbdn.gif

Here I am, enjoying my new Shy Beauty blush
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks in advance if you can help!

pladies

You should try the slimshines ! I think longstem rose or lovely dove will suit you lovely !

elleread

Thank you! Does anyone know if these are available with B2M (in the UK) though? I have a feeling it may only be lipsticks from the regular line...

tarynlovesmac

I'm almost positive slimshines aren't included in the B2M. Anyway, I think that Jubilee would look lovely on you. It's kinda a rosy beige (can't look at it because I'm not home!) and looks great if you dot the Viva Glam VI lipglass over it and blend the two together. Just a thought!
smiles.gif
winks.gif

kimmy

i, personally, feel that every girl (and boy
winks.gif
) should have at least one red lipstick. maybe you could try on russian red? even though you're not used to lipsticks and don't use them very often, a red is a makeup collection essential.
smiles.gif

Girl about town

I fyou like pinks Please me (matt rosy pink) is gorgeous, as is Angel and bombshell they would all look lovely on you. Long stem rose slimshine would also look lovely x

Miss_M

Well, I don't know what colors you prefer, but if you like (soft) pinks then you should check out Angel, Sandy B, Pervette, Plink! and Politely Pink. If you like pinky-beige lipsticks you should definitely check out Hug Me, High Tea and Jubilee. Freckletone is a great color if you like peaches and Syrup is a great choice (and one of my favorites) if you like pinky mauves.

pumpkincat210

I swatch the lipsticks on my hand first and then my favorites I ask the ma to sanitize them so i can try them on. It is overwhelming just looking at the display, just start with the one that catches your eye first.

elleread

Thank you all so much! I certainly have lots to look at now
yes.gif

Bright red is a bit scary- but maybe I could pull it off....?!

And if my local store turns out to be fine at accepting depotted eyeshadow pans for B2M... I'm going to be able to pick up a few shades!
th_DANCE.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarynlovesmac
I'm almost positive slimshines aren't included in the B2M. Anyway, I think that Jubilee would look lovely on you. It's kinda a rosy beige (can't look at it because I'm not home!) and looks great if you dot the Viva Glam VI lipglass over it and blend the two together. Just a thought!
smiles.gif
winks.gif

They are actually, even at counters. Thats where I got a few of mine...through B2M.