Long wear lip gloss creases

Hannaleh

Hi there! I need an advice : when i apply a long wear lip color (MAC/Estee Lauder) , the color always ends up creasing badly on my lips despite the touch ups i do with some gloss.
Where do i have it wrong?
{note: my lips are scrubed, hydrated, 'balmed'/ i let the color dry a bit before applying the gloss}

Skin*Deep

maybe a treatment to smooth out the lines. Chanel Ultra Correction Lift for lips or Estee Lauder Perfectionist......

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
maybe a treatment to smooth out the lines. Chanel Ultra Correction Lift for lips or Estee Lauder Perfectionist......

Do you mean something like the Prep prime lips of MAC? If so, i tried that too.
I was thinking, maybe i will try only one coat of color instead of 2.
I am lost there......... and i do love long stay lip glosses!
Tx anyway

LC

Hannah, it usually means that you're applying too much of the color. Apply a thin layer of it, line it after about a minute of it drying, then follow with your desired gloss.

Don't use a primer on your lips because long wearing lip products only work properly when applied directly to the lips. If there is a barrier it won't work or it will look bad.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

LC

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
Hannah, it usually means that you're applying too much of the color. Apply a thin layer of it, line it after about a minute of it drying, then follow with your desired gloss.

Don't use a primer on your lips because long wearing lip products only work properly when applied directly to the lips. If there is a barrier it won't work or it will look bad.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

LC

Thank you so much; I'll try it that way.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

LC

This is totally true! I tried using primer on my lips, then applying long-lasting color, and it did NOT work because the color has to sort of "sink in." Oops!