Looking for a brush recommendation for Studio Sculpt??

cougargirl

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a brush to use with Studio Sculpt? Also, would any of you recommend using Fix +? If so, how would you recommend applying it? On a brush or just a quick spray directly on the face? Thank you so much for all the help! Prior to now, I used Studio Fix Powder Plus, which is a pretty self-explanatory process.

HoneyDip

I personally like to apply all my foundations with the MAC109 brush. (there's a cheaper alternative from coastalscents.com too, I believe it's the handy kabuki brush or smthn like that). I always spray my brush with Fix+, coz I don't like my face too wet. I use that technique to apply mostly cream foundations.. like MAC's studio stick & it applies wonderfully. I personally don't own the studio sculpt foundation, but I still think the MAC109 is a very versatile brush.. u def. need one, if you don't have already =)

I also heard lots of good things about the Sephora Air brush foundation brush. hope that helps!

gildedangel

I apply Studio Sculpt with a 187, I typically top it with Studio Fix Powder. I spray Fix + on a 109-ish brush and pat it on my face, it seems to work better for me that way. HTH!

rockin26

^^ Second that with the 187, I have SS and find the 187 works better than my foundation brush as such.

What are you wanting the Fix + for? I have it and think it's over hyped and won't be buying it again once I use it all. If I want to wet down pigments etc I just use water or a mixing medium (depends on the use).

malika

I really like applying it with the 168 angled contour brush!

I know, I know.

I apply a pea size of Studio Sculpt on the back of my hand, and then carefully dip my brush in there - only enough to cover the first part I'm going to apply (one of my cheeks). Then I stipple it on with the brush until it's blended. I don't swirl. I think it gives great results and also very good coverage for the amount!

I've also tried the 190 foundation brush. I do the same thing, put a pea size amount on the back of my hand, dip it in there lightly to get enough product to cover one cheek, and then do paintstrokes.

I find using the 190 it takes more product to get the same coverage the 168 makes.

I don't use Fix+ for this, also I do have it. Usually I'll just spray that on my face after I've powdered for some delicious dewyness.

Hope that helps!
smiles.gif

cougargirl

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! I am really looking forward to trying each one when my foundation arrives.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I use the 190. I find that Studio Sculpt has more of a gel like consistency so it doesn't apply quite as well with the 187. I save my 187 for liquid foundation (like SFF or MUFE HD)

slick

I like using a powder dome type brush for Studio Sculpt, or any liquid/cream foundation really - a kabuki brush or 109 type brush will do! I like to spray a little bit of Fix+ onto my brush first and then apply Studio Sculpt
smiles.gif

chocokitty

I agree with Shadowy Lady -- because of the gel like texture I use the 191 to apply Studio Sculpt and use the 187 for other liquid foundations.