Looking for a dupe of MUFE 92

jennyfee

Hello Specktra
Can anyone clue me in??? I can't find ANY eye shadow color that looks remotely close to MUFE 92... I don't care if it's drugstore brands, (actually that would be awesome :p) but does anyone have anything to compare it too??
Swatches would be awesome if possible... Thank you!!!

ashpardesi

It is very difficult to get a dupe for MUFE 92...Mac full force violet pigment is close to that.But I may be wrong.a darker version is grape pigment..

jennyfee

Thank you ashpardesi
I've been looking at so many brands of cosmetics and can't seem to find a dupe that's as vibrant as mufe 92... ill juste have to keep looking
smiles.gif

jennifer.

i decided to take a pic of #92 and vibrant grape to see the comparison myself and vibrant grape seems a little more "plummy". i also have full force violet pigment and i can't seem to get that to work over any base. it has to be one of the worst matte mac pigments i've come across. it definitely won't apply like 92 does although the color does seem similar.

there's an e/s color called plum on the bitchslap-cosmetics website that looks similar to 92. i'm tempted to buy it because it looks like a really vibrant purple. i can't get enough of purples! anyway, here's the comparison pic:

both of these are over soft ochre paintpot, btw.

purplecomp.jpg

thelove4tequila

MAC has NOTHING like MUFE 92 and as far as I know there isn't any great dupes for it. The only thing I would suggest is looking online at mineral makeup websites. There are a lot of vibrant, great colors that smaller mineral companies make out there. Good luck.

jennyfee

Thank you so much Jennifer. for the pic, I had actually been wondering if Vibrant Grape was too pink to compare to mufe 92, and that just confirmed my fears...

And thelove4tequila, I agree, it's so hard to find a good dupe... I think i'll just have to *swallow* try to get my hands on it :p lol

Anyone can tell me how much it retails for?? thxbye

jenntoz

Its $19 on the sephora site...I think they have a free shipping code right now too if you do a board search for it
yes.gif

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfee
Thank you so much Jennifer. for the pic, I had actually been wondering if Vibrant Grape was too pink to compare to mufe 92, and that just confirmed my fears...

And thelove4tequila, I agree, it's so hard to find a good dupe... I think i'll just have to *swallow* try to get my hands on it :p lol

Anyone can tell me how much it retails for?? thxbye

sure, no problem! hopefully you can get the 92 though. aside from maybe finding a mineral shade close to it (like love4tequila said), there really isn't anything quite like it!

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Its $19 on the sephora site...I think they have a free shipping code right now too if you do a board search for it
yes.gif

Watch out for the new formula. I got one at sephora last weekend. It is now listed as a blush but it's still in the eyeshadow section. The color SUCKS, I'm returning it. I'm pissed I want the original!

MiCHiE

^I don't think they've changed the formula. The one I have from more than a year ago says 'Blush', too.

peacelover18

Violet Trance from the Pandamonium quad is the only color MAC has ever released that is remotely close to MUFE 92, IMO.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
^I don't think they've changed the formula. The one I have from more than a year ago says 'Blush', too.

Really? I had heard talk of the reason for the lack of #92 was that they were reformulating it. If not I guess I am a #92 hater!
ssad.gif

MissResha

that color is ridiculous. i've never seen anything like it. i see what all the fuss is. its fucking gorgeous.

jetgirl

hmmm, does anyone have Lime Crime Vixen or Empress (not matte). Or the purple in the Cargo Barcelona Palette (prob not as intense). I want an answer too!

Lapis

ok are they ANY even close dupes to this?
Turns out I'm allergic to mufe 92, oh well
off to swatch santorini

SakurasamaLover

Hum... would be curious to see Rich Purple pigment over Rich purple chromaline... I think you would get something pretty damned close or maybe French Violet over the same chromaline color.

Meisje

I think a combination of the violet grape pigment over Stylin' from the Lucky Tom quad would be close.

ra143

I had a very weird experience with it... just tried this es today for the first time, with a mac paint pot as a primer... and at night when I have removed it, my eyelids were red. Not irritated but red, stained. I tried removing and cleaning the area some more... nothing! This has never happened to me with any other es. Anyone else noticed anything?