Looking to order some pigments...

missunderstood

I was thinking of ordering some pigments off the MAC site. I want neutral colours that I could wear everyday. Unfortunately, Coco is sold out..but what do you guys think of Kitschmas? Any other recommendations for shades I could wear everyday and are fairly versatile?

glittergoddess27

If you are going for neutal MAC pigments,.. Tan is the tops. It is a shimmery neutral tan color that kinda reminds me of Elite or Flipside on. Also Vanilla and Fairylite are pretty neutrals as well. Kitchsmas is beautiful and a light lavendar tint to it and is very nice as well,..kinda cool toned for everyday,.. as far as something that is great for everyday,.. Rose is unbelievable. It is a bit on the flaky side in texture, but if you apply it over a shadestick or a creamy base it is so lovely on its own or with a multitude of other colors. Hope this helps a bit,..

Juneplum

ditto what GG said! Tan is a must have! Also Vanilla, Rose, Melon & Deckchair, are great for everyday.. Kitschmas is really pretty! That's a good buy too =)

missunderstood

Alright, thanks guys! From people's FOTDs I noticed that Rose was really pretty. Same with Vanilla/Fairylite but they wouldn't be too similar to Shroom or Retrospeck eyeshadow would they?

Kristen

I gotta agree with tan. When I bought it I was so amazed that I swear I wore it for a month straight. I love the colour.. love the formula.. love the tan!

martygreene

I use vanilla quite often, and it's not similar to shroom or retrospeck at all on my skin.

My most used pigments are vanilla, naked, provence, chocolate brown, and coco.

missunderstood

Ahh, thank you. I absolutely love Coco.

I just placed my order for Kitschmas pigment and an eyeshadow brush an hour ago...but I'm still open to other suggestions!

banana

Definately tan for something from their permanent line. It sucks that so many of their neutrals are not eyesafe (such as chocolate brown, naked and fairylight). I actually bought Provence from a counter this weekend so you might still be able to find it somewhere. It is less popular than the other two from that collection but is such an awesome everyday colour.

mac_obsession

tan and vanilla
greengrin.gif

bluegrassbabe

Try Tan and Vanilla for sure. Some of my other faves are deckchair, Old Gold, pink pearl, and violet. Kitschmas doesn't really work for me. It is very cool toned and heavy sparkle. It's hard for me to work it into everyday wear.

missunderstood

Okay, I will check out Tan and Vanilla for sure. I knew it was going to be a hit and miss with Kitschmas but I'll have to check it out to be sure. Hopefully it will work for me!