L'Oreal HiP cream liners

nazneen372

Hi,

I've been reading a lot about these and just wondered if you gals could give me some info? Are they limited edition or just a new range that's sticking around?

I'm in England so I'd have to get them off Ebay for a higher price so really would like to know if they're worth it? I've heard the pigment levels are very intense (which is what I need as my eyelashes are black and a lot of liners just get drowned out by them).

I've got Bobbi Brown liners in Ivy and Violet Shimmer, are Teal and Eggplant similar?

chocolategoddes

I own the black one and its very creamy and pigmented. Some times they harden up so you have to warm them up... but they go on smoothly.

falsefiction

i just got the teal and i like it. it's a little harder than i had hoped, but it could just be my batch. it's a good color (let me know if you want me to swatch it for you). i got the purple too, but i haven't tried it yet. i also got the jane gel liner at the same time for half the price ($5.99 US) and i have to say i might like that one more! it's a little smoother and the brush it comes with is a lot better to work with on the go. i feel like if you are going to pay more than the $12 hip usually costs, you might as well get the MAC fluidline. i was ok with paying it just because it was buy one get one free.

nazneen372

Thanks so much for the replies!

If you could do a swatch that'd be AMAZING. I really can't tell what colour it is from the pics I've seen and it would really help me make a decision
thmbup.gif

sofabean

hey there, there are some swatches in the swatches forum of some l'oreal hip liners. i really like them and i'd compare them to mac fluidlines, but since you're getting them a bit more pricey since you live in england, you should see how much more or less they cost compared to fluidlines too.

Shaquille

there is no creamliner here and so if I want to get them it'll be pricier than if I get them in the US myself, so fluidline is still better off for me..

Nox

I've got five of them: Brown, Eggplant, Teal, Blue, Black.

I will try, if I can, to do a swatch of all five later when I am free to do so.

NicksWifey

I have Teal, although I love the color, I can't use it because it's soooo hard. I even tried scraping off the top layer, it's like my entire pot is no good.

Nox

I haven't had a problem with using my cream liners, though I have read that other ladies have. The only one that was noticeably harder than preferable was my Teal liner, but once I got through my first layer, it was very creamy and soft. Maybe it depends on which batch you got, some of them weren't as well controlled as others, it seems.

Anyhow, here are some swatches. From left to right: Black (matte), Brown (matte), Blue (slight shimmer), Teal (slight shimmer), Eggplant (pearly with slight shimmer).

nazneen372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
I haven't had a problem with using my cream liners, though I have read that other ladies have. The only one that was noticeably harder than preferable was my Teal liner, but once I got through my first layer, it was very creamy and soft. Maybe it depends on which batch you got, some of them weren't as well controlled as others, it seems.

Anyhow, here are some swatches. From left to right: Black (matte), Brown (matte), Blue (slight shimmer), Teal (slight shimmer), Eggplant (pearly with slight shimmer).

OMG thank you thank you thank you! that is SO helpful for me. From this I realise I need the black, brown and teal but can do without the eggplant as it's quite close to Bobbi Brown's violet. The teal is amazing!

I've heard the black is really BLACK whereas I think the Fluidline black is lighter and I'm looking for really intense pigmentation (ideally I'd get the MAC Kohl Power pencils but they really irritated my eyes
ssad.gif
).

BlaqueBarbie

I absolutely love the cream liners I believe I own the whole HIP line including the foundations and those wack glittery bronzers (have no idea why someone would want a glitter bronzed face?) The black one dried out really quickly but I love it for smokey eyes ts the best how are you guys getting them back creamy after they dry out? With direct heat? Please tell I would love to bring back my black gel liner!

~Lala~

darkbeauty27

I have these and while the shades are nice, they dry out pretty quickly. I have had my Fluidline longer and it hasn't dried out whereas my Hip cream liner has a lot.

Tashona Helena

Yea I just noticed mine is starting to dry out
ssad.gif
Gotta get another one. I had it since the spring tho...so I guess that's a good time? I just didn't get to use it enough due to my allergies being really bad and all earlier in the year. I guess you could apply heat to it since it is creamy...maybe put a blow dryer to it a bit.

Lovey99

I have almost all of the colors. I use the teal as a light e/s sometimes. It is a little harder than I prefer, but great color... I am NW47, MUFE 85/180

sparletta

I really, really love these. I have the teal and navy blue one, and even though I'm a diehard fludiline fan, I find that there is no similar color in the fluidlines. Granted, they are a little harder, but I finally found the fix to that- I added a drop of eyeliner mixing medium in it and mixed it a bit, and it went on BEAUTIFULLY.

They're always on sale here in drugstores for buy one, get one free, or buy one, get one half off- you could always get someone to CP them for ya.

iliang25

I have all the colors except the teal...no drying on any of them..they stay longer than my smashbox jetset.

LuvinMyMAC

I love mine. They go on like a dream and lasts forever, but my fave by far is the teal. Luvs Luvs Luvs it!

K_ashanti

i have all of them and i love them esp the purple and teal, haven had any prob with mines and i had them over a year, still creamy and as smooth as ever!!!