Loreal's hicolor, advice please :)

CrissyM

I grew out my hair for two years after a big chop. I've only dyed it once with semi permanent [black] and that was 8 weeks ago . My hair is dark brown and healthy.. for once haha.

I do want an intense color, but it doesn't have to be super crazy. I just love red hair! Question is, would it be okay to use a 40 developer with this and keeping an eye on it?

And, as anyone mixed Magenta and Red?

I'll really love to see photos.

MissaLissa

Hey, this is my first post on here (after years). I am a hairdresser, so I wanted to give my 2cents! Even though its been 2 months since youve colored your hair, and it may have faded.....technically that color is still in your hair and putting a red color straight over this is going to be a disaster. Its not going to change the color where you previously colored at all (as a rule, color doesnt lift color) and will turn your roots pretty bright ned (especially with that 40 vol, eek!). I would say do a very light bleaching, maybe some lightener a 10 or 20 vol mixed with a little shampoo just to budge up that color, then go back over with your red haircolor! If your hair is healthy it shouldnt be too traumatized. Hope this made sense.