lots of questions about hair dye

mrschavez89

After my daughter is born this month i was thinking of dying my hair black, cutting bangs and getting pink highlights in the just the bang area...is that too much to do in one salon visit?

If i were to dye my own hair black and save the pink for a later time, what kinda hair dye would work best on african american hair?

imagine this hairstyle just in black with pink highlights in the bang

aisha-tyler-29.jpg

sorry about the size being so big...i don't know how to make it smaller
th_dunno.gif

As long as your hair is in good condition I don't see how it would be a problem. I did something similar a couple of years ago when I had my hair coloured dark brown with pink panels on the sides and the process only took a couple of hours.

kimmy

they'll have to bleach the sections that you want to be pink. if your hair is in good condition, this shouldn't be a problem. as for going black, no problem at all. your salon visit will probably be a pretty penny and it might take a while, but it won't be too tough on your hair.
smiles.gif

That is exactly how I have my hair done. You can tell your stylist to section off the portions of bangs you want pink [or you can show him/her yourself]. They will pin it up and color everything else balck. Then they will bleach the front to an acceptable level for the pink to be applied. Its really not a hassel for it to be done.
greengrin.gif
And I think it would look good on you.

EDIT: Also just to avoid damage to the hair you can ask your stylist for some conditioner to apply after the coloring. I also recommend Cholesteral. Its a deep conditioner that I use on my hair after every time it is colored. Hope this helps!