Lounge e/s

splattergirl

I've been bidding on this e/s tonight (stopped bcos $19 is too much for a shadow
angry.gif
) anyway, the only swatch I seemed to find was
UD+Eyeshadow+1+(Medium).jpg (image)

(maybe it's somewhere on Specktra, I didn't find it..
angelic.gif

and here it looks totally brown although I read it has greenish iridescent undertones.
I've read 8 pages of MUA reviews and some say it's perfect, others say they just look bruised. I have Too Faced - Label Whore

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/l...re-fotd-71468/

but noone mentioned they were alike, there was only comparison to Mac-Club and blue-brown pig which I also have!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Swatches01.jpg

we can see iridescent green shimmer on these swatches of label whore and blue brown.

my questions are:
1) I read the color varies depending on skintone, I am fair (nc15, green eyes), what do you think, would I get just red/brown or also some green out of it?
2) I also read the effect is totally different when applied wet, someone mentioned it even looked purplish with a blue/green shimmer
shrugs.gif

3) would any owner be so kind to put a swatch? I am very anxious to see some more of it, I am sure it wouldn't be getting that much love if it was plain ol'brown/red when used, many say it looks better in the pot than on the eyes!

a big thanks to everyone who helps
anyone.gif
angelic.gif

iheartangE

I don't have a picture, but I LOVE this shadow! I actually need another one...it's very beautiful, the color is similar to the swatch you posted, only when the light hits it there is a gorgeous green sheen to it. It's duochrome like Blue Brown p/g and like Club e/s, but the colors are not the same-Lounge is a red-based brown with a bright grass green duochrome.

Using it wet brings out the duochrome and makes the brown darker.

HTH!!
smiles.gif

amyzon

Here ya go lady...

I actually just got this a couple weeks ago. I'm a NC20, so we're close.... W/ and w/o flash...

lounge.jpg

lounge2.jpg

It's a really gorgeous shade, and a the reflects sometimes look green, sometimes look blue. It's much more flattering than MAC Club, which looks kind of bruise-y and too dark on pale skin, and you can really blend Lounge without losing the shimmer, which is a problem with Club.

I would highly recommend it. I love it!
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Haha that third picture is actually mine!
yes.gif
Well I would be glad to swatch Lounge but its nowhere to be found. It is similar to TF Label Whore and MAC Club in that it is a duochrome but all three colors look different of course. Its base is a red brown with blue/green duo. Personally I don't like how much red is in it so that is why I prefer TF Label Whore and MAC Club.

TFLW is my absolute faaave e/s so if you like that you will probably like Lounge. The color is not as intense as TFLW. So, if you don't mind a lot of RED undertones in your e/s then I think you will like Lounge.

splattergirl

thanks so much to amyzon for the swatch, it looks totally different from the first one where I see only red/brown! I guess it does depend a lot on one's complexion but if I used it, it would definately be wet :p
pity this e/s is kind of rare so it gets somewhat expensive or a seller who has it for $10 charges the same amount just to ship first class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Its base is a red brown with blue/green duo. Personally I don't like how much red is in it so that is why I prefer TF Label Whore and MAC Club.
So, if you don't mind a lot of RED undertones in your e/s then I think you will like Lounge.

if I find it cheap somewhere I might give it a try!
btw, is your sale still on? I wanted to buy but not sure whether you sell at the moment, please tell me so I might happily spend on your stuff
drools.gif
cutey.gif

DigitalRain

I love this shadow, I like to wear i alone or with another green shadow. Lounge was one of my first UD e/s, the one I have is in the old metal tin UD use to use!

amyzon

Keep in mind I used no base. Also depending on what shadows you used with it it will pick up on different colors, very pretty.
smiles.gif

It really is not a rare shadow at all, I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's $16 at Sephora. The old packaged Lounge from UD on eBay is more expensive and rarer, but Lounge is still part of the permanent line from UD. Are you in a different country or a location away from Sephora?

splattergirl

I have one sephora in my country and they don't have much of UD... so I must buy on ebay, that's why I think $10 is a bit expensive just for shipping but I'll catch it eventually, or probably find it in a sephora in some near country
smiles.gif
it's very hard without a decent Sephora, believe me ^^ :p

amyzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
I have one sephora in my country and they don't have much of UD... so I must buy on ebay, that's why I think $10 is a bit expensive just for shipping but I'll catch it eventually, or probably find it in a sephora in some near country
smiles.gif
it's very hard without a decent Sephora, believe me ^^ :p

Oh... well, if you want to, maybe I could purchase it for you and ship it to you (I would charge only the actual cost of the shipping). I'd be happy to help a sista out. PM me if you're interested and we could work out the details, I can show you my ebay ratings.

Beauty Mark

Lounge goes on a little more red than Label Whore (which I also have and love). Label Whore, IMO, is much more brown. Lounge is brownish red with the green hints depending on the light.

I love both, though, and I don't think that I could pick between the two.

splattergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzon
Oh... well, if you want to, maybe I could purchase it for you and ship it to you (I would charge only the actual cost of the shipping). I'd be happy to help a sista out. PM me if you're interested and we could work out the details, I can show you my ebay ratings.

that's so kind of you!!!
th_kiss.gif

***NIB Urban Decay LOUNGE EyeShadow .05 oz**** - eBay (item 300286620794 end time Jan-19-09 18:47:15 PST)

here's one I can't bid on, US only
ssad.gif

if you won that one I'd send you money for it and us shipping and then from us to me, I think it could get cheaper than $16 :p (without shipping at least
winks.gif

so, if it went for example up to $10 and then $3 for US shipping and then shipping to europe, that should be around $17-18 I think! :p

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
if I find it cheap somewhere I might give it a try!
btw, is your sale still on? I wanted to buy but not sure whether you sell at the moment, please tell me so I might happily spend on your stuff
drools.gif
cutey.gif

Yes, deffo give it a try if you can get your hands on it. Sorry, I cannot take orders on my sale right now. I'll let cha know when I can.
smiles.gif

splattergirl

just found another shadow I wanted to add to the cathegory... shiseido's hydro power Spring Plum shadow!

here are Shiseido cream shadow swatches:

ShiseidoHydropowderMedium.jpg

BEA2LS

i love lounge! i got it, gave to a friend and took it back lol. the green sometimes doesn't show up the most but when it does it is super lovely.

aquamel

Lounge is my favorite eyeshadow, it looks great with blue or green eyes especially. My husband describes it as "all the colors of a peacock feather, all together".

I wear this one both alone and with other colors, it is beautiful.

-Mel