LOVE for the 165 LE tapered cheek/ highlight brush from BBR collection

MissAlphaKitty

OMG... This brush is one of those examples of how the tools you use can make all the difference.

I've never been 100% confident with cheek highlighting but the shape and small size of this brush is perfect , gives u awesome control and makes application pretty much goof-proof... great for me cuz i'm the biggest make-up clutz
th_DANCE.gif

kyoto

Say it girl. I love this brush so much that I was thinking about getting a second one. It's the perfect size and the bristles are so soft. Its the only brush I use now for my MSFs, blushes, and highlighting.

almmaaa

I looove it as well this one and the 226 is super duper LOL soft I'm planning on buying seconds!!!

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Say it girl. I love this brush so much that I was thinking about getting a second one. It's the perfect size and the bristles are so soft. Its the only brush I use now for my MSFs, blushes, and highlighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
I looove it as well this one and the 226 is super duper LOL soft I'm planning on buying seconds!!!

Sigh... Totally feel your ladies love for this brush but I've been trying to be super good with my cash lately I don't know what to do.

#165 ultimate highlight brush... also super contour brush
can I manage with just one brush & somehow try not to cross-contaminate highlight/contour colours with one brush?

Or do I get 2 and have one designated for dark contour colours
and the other for light highlight colours
th_dunno.gif

HustleRose

i just bought this over the weekend and i adore it! i'm hoping they make it part of the perm collection in case i have to repurchase it in the future.

joey444

Maybe I just don't know how to use it but I felt this brush left me with a harsh line on my cheeks?? I'm seeing everyone rave about it though!!

lukinamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa

iagree.gif

I haven't touched my 217 and 224 from the moment I got 226
yes.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey444
Maybe I just don't know how to use it but I felt this brush left me with a harsh line on my cheeks?? I'm seeing everyone rave about it though!!

Well, it's a new brush so I'm sure I'll be discovering more ways to use it as I go along... When I first it bought it, it intimidated me a bit. It looked very structured and firm. I washed it a couple times and conditioned too. I found it's shape seem to relax more and was softer.

I always do my upper cheek/outer eye orbital highlighting with the lightest hand possible and with very little product on the brush... using the 'clean' side of the brush to blend to take off colour if I put on too much by accident. I figure I can always layer on more but trying to tone down because I've applied too much is a kinda a pain. I don't want my cheeks to look like a disco ball!
tong.gif

Now that I'm getting used to the unique shape and softness of the brush... I'm kinda sad I'm neglecting my old #168 angle contour brush (the white haired one) . I used to use for contouring and I'm using the new #165 instead. I liked the shape and size of the #168 before, but now it just feel so much rougher than the soft #165.

GlamQueen21

Since everyone is raving about the 165 brush, I'm going to try to purchase it next month and the 226 brush from the BBR collection.

alka1

Any more comments about this brush? I want to get it because I want to add it to my brush collection and it's gotten mostly positive reviews. I also want to make sure I get it before it sells out completely..

thing is, I already have brushes that do similar things like the 138, 109, 188.. Is it bad that I want this just because it looks cute and is LE?
smiles.gif

NeonKitty

I just got the 226 from my MAC store, they had a ton of those left, but no 165!! I really want one of those. Might have to get it from the mothership.

BunnyBunnyBunny

It is SO perfect for liquid foundation. Much softer and blends so much better than other coarse MAC black-goat bristle brushes.

LMD84

i love my 165 brush! hubby got it for me as part of my valentines present and i use it most days! it's great for highlighting as people have said and this is mainly what i use it for. plus it's good for the bbr msf's because if you only want to use the lighter colours you can because it's a smaller tip. and have i mentioned it's the softest brush ever?!?
yahoo.gif

tepa1974

I LOOOOVVEEE my 165! I went back for it after I got the other 2 brushes from the BBR colletion and I am so glad that I got it. It is perfect for contouring (I used to use the 109) and I'm sure it's great for highlighting as well.

coachkitten

I hope that I can find this at a CCO one day. I feel a bit bummed that I never got this brush. Glad to hear that so many people like it.
smiles.gif

naijapretty

If you still want to buy the 165, it's on sale at the Nordstrom.com website, I bought two and received them today; and the 226 is on the Macy's.com website.

So go grab 'em if you still want to!! yay!!

tracimarie12

The 226 brush will be re released with the colour craft collection in June. I know I missed out on it and will be getting more then one.