Lovely Lily vs. Pink Opal - your thoughts?

Noire

I put both on my hand at the store, and they seemed quite similar. I have and prefer Pink Opal of the two, so I just didn't worry about Lovely Lily.

I haven't heard anyone else mentioning the similarity though. The new pigment was slightly more lilac and toned down a bit, as if a lighter application of Pink Opal.

What does everyone else who saw them think?

~Noire

Jude

I don't think that they are similar at all. One is a bright lavenderish color and the other is an opalescent white with pinkish tones. Maybe it was the store lighting or something.

Noire

Yeah, it could have been the lighting. That's why I'm wondering now, since no one else has mentioned them being similar.

I'm also wondering, since I swabbed some with a q-tip off the lid, if someone could have put the wrong lid on and therefore maybe I got mostly Pink Opal on my hand. I was surprised how close they were since they look very different in the jar, but didn't think much of it until later.

Guess I'll look at swatches, and consider looking at Lovely Lily again.

~Noire

user4

i have pink opal and it didnt seem to me at all like lovely lilly, i didnt have them together though. but pink opal is whitish and lovely lilly is lavender... i dont see the reseblance sorry. maybe they have two pink opals, sometimes they do that.

Glow

Yeah they looked similar when i first swatched them and then i was like, there's got to be a difference so i put a little more on and pink opal is white with a pink hint and lovely lilly was a light lavender/purple.

glamella

did you swatch Goldenaire and Pink Opal maybe?
One is light golden pink and the other is light
silvery pink

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamella
did you swatch Goldenaire and Pink Opal maybe?
One is light golden pink and the other is light
silvery pink

that's what I was thinking.... Lovely Lily & Pink Opal are totally different.