Low End Foundations...

eve62

Hi,

i am trying to stock my makeup kit (finally). While i LOVE Makeup Forever Foundation for everyday wear, and the MAC STudio tech for photography...i cant afford to go out and buy a bunch of colors all at once for multiple models. Are there any drug store brands you would recommend that i could stock up on in different colors while i stock up my higher end brand slower? i do multiple models...but not eough to go out and buy a bunch of foundations all at once at MAC or MUF.

Also i LOVE the smashbox photo finish primer...but havent tried the other brand of primers out there yet...are there even better ones i should keep my eye out for??? BTW: i HATED the maybelline dream mousse foundation..not only did it make me break out and magnify every flaw...it balled up with the primer, i threw it right out.

sorry if this question has been posted before, i looked around and couldn't find any answers to those questions...

Thanks in advance.
Anastasia

bellaetoile

maybelline dream matte mouse is surprisingly good, so long as you find your right shade. l'oreal cashmere perfect (comes in a tube) is also very good, as is the covergirl trublend stuff. however, all of these are about $10, so you aren't saving THAT much, but a lot of drugstores and ulta have specials on them (buy one get one free, buy one get one half off, etc)

Brianne

Revlon Colorstay is my all time fave.
However, I use the now d/c'd formula (sob!) but the new formulation is supposed to be nice, and it comes in two different formulas (one for oily/combo skin, one for normal/dry skin).

eve62

Thank you so much everyone...atleast now i know where to start looking with the drug store brands, i will try a couple of them out and see which ones i like best.

pr1nces583

i use max factor colour adapt, its really nice
smiles.gif