Lucky Green really IS elusive...mini rant

zombie_candy

Lucky Green really is the most elusive thing ever. Back in October, after thinking that I finally secured it through a sale on LJ, I pay quickly and waited for it to come. It never did and after communicating with the seller, it turns out the package was sent right back to them and they filed a complaint with USPS. They promised to send it again and with some pigments samples. So I was happy again and decided to wait because at least the communication was good. My wait extended past 3 weeks and I tried to contact them again but they suddenly "disappeared". I just got the package today but the envelope was completely empty. It was sent on November 30th in a plain paper letter envelope....and nothing else. There wasn't even traces of tape around the closing flap. The shipping was poor and now everything's lost.

*sigh*....I hate Lucky Green.

BlahWah

^ Wow, that really sucks! I thought it was just about bidding too late or something like that... have you looked @ the Intense Palette in the Formal Black collection? With a Twist is almost identical to Lucky Green, I've been told.. I don't have either myself, I've just been using Golden Olive as a sub.

stellarx1587

My GOODness! That's terrible. That's one of my greatest fears about swapping/buying online... Luckily for me, I've had good luck w/ sellers/swappers. But I agree w/ the posters above... Lucky Green & With A Twist look almost identical on me. I'm an NC42 if that helps at all.
greengrin.gif

Winthrop44

I got Lucky Green thru MAC's Gone But Not Forgotten program, so you might try that route. And IMHO it's not all that anyway! LOL

MAC_Whore

Sorry you had such a crappy time trying to get your hands on Lucky Green. Here are some good dupes:

With a Twist - I agree with the others. It is pretty close.

Cargo's Green Bay - This is very close, but a touch more gold. You at least need some Primer Potion, as on it's own Green Bay doesn't have the colour payoff that Lucky Green's veluxe pearl formula does.

Other good bases for Green Bay are (depending on your colouring): Chartreuse paint, or a very light coat of Forever Green Powerpoint pencil or Sweet Sage or New Weed Fluidline.

-or-

Forever Green Powerpoint used as a base all over the lid, then apply the lighter colour of the Illusionary/Burning Ambition Mineralize Eyeshadow. It is a white with gold pearl. The Forever Green shows through beautifully and viola....almost Lucky Green.

Oh, just found another possibility. Smashbox's Smashing Zoom eyeshadow looks like it has potential to be pretty close to Lucky Green if it had the right base under it. Maybe a light coat of Forever Green Powerpoint or it that's too dark then maybe Rosemary & Thyme Eye Kohl or Sweet Sage fluidline.