Lumene

Dark_Phoenix

Anyone like this brand? They're Scandinavian (Finnish I think...) and I've only tried their eyeshadow and nailpolish. It's sold in CVS.

I'm wondering how some of their other stuff (like lipsticks and skin luminzers) are.

Ambi

Yeah they're Finnish [eugh, stay away] most of Lumene products suck, most lipsticks are very sheer and dry your lips so bad it hurts for the next few days, they also wear off in about an hour, same goes for the eyeshadows, their liners and eyebrow pencils are decent, everything else [except for the clay mask which is great] I've tried was a waste of money.

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Yeah they're Finnish [eugh, stay away] most of Lumene products suck, most lipsticks are very sheer and dry your lips so bad it hurts for the next few days, they also wear off in about an hour, same goes for the eyeshadows, their liners and eyebrow pencils are decent, everything else [except for the clay mask which is great] I've tried was a waste of money.

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to try them out so bad! Have you tried their primers?

Karen_B

I have their face primer and crystal radiance cream and I really like them both. Their skin care is really good too, IMO.

macedout

i just bought their 2 sided brush (excellent!)1 side u can use for smudging shadow the other for applying e/s or p/p
and
their white kohl pencil, excellent also, CVS is having BOGO 50 % off, so i suggest now to haul,if u don't like it return the stuff w/receipt for full refund, lose nothing!

i think they are best quality offered in cvs......anyone else feel this way?
im gonna go back & haul more brushes for travel,and their e/s primer, while the sale is on
smiles.gif
)

Karen_B

They have a very sheer foundation, almost a tinted moisturizer, that I like a lot. I think it's called Hydra Drops something or other.

armi

Well, yes, Lumene is Finnish and so am I
tong.gif
I think it's great brand, and here in Finland it's very very popular - it's perfect for Finnish skin. My fav products from Lumene are Makeup Base, Crystal Radiance, Highlighter Palette and Berry Fun lipglosses. Lumene has very good price-quality ratio!
Well, of course as a Finn I like to support Finnish brands, since there is just a few of them. And it's always a good thing that Lumene doesn't carry out animal testing!

Lumene

topdogg

I have the eyeshadow primer and the cleansing oil and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them both to death! The primer is just as good if not better than UDPP, IMO. And I like the cleansing oil so much I'm on my third bottle, it works way better than MAC's cleansing oil.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdogg
I have the eyeshadow primer and the cleansing oil and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them both to death! The primer is just as good if not better than UDPP, IMO. And I like the cleansing oil so much I'm on my third bottle, it works way better than MAC's cleansing oil.

I totally agree about the eyeshadow primer, it's AWESOME! I absolutely love the texture.. it's so velvety and soft.. and it holds onto my shadow alll day and looks great even at night when I take it off.. Definitely better than UDPP imo.

Heiaken

When I was younger I used Lumene a lot, really liked their Matt Touch liquid foundation wich they for some reason have discontinued
th_dunno.gif
I still use their e/s base because I think it really is great and the Matt Touch balancing face toner that I really like too. Not a big fan of their eyeshadows as I feel they aren't pigmented enough for me except the Delight Duo in 31 After Dark, that one I like and use. I also like theit lip and eyeliners and the Berry Fun lipglosses good value for the money.

Oh, and the nailpolished are good too and have lots of fun colours to choose from
smiles.gif

One thing I really, really dislike about them is the packaking, I've just always hated that blue.

MACLovin

I have their "Time Freeze instant cooling eye stick" and OMG it's amazing!

It's better than anything else I've tried when it comes to depuffing and waking up your eyes. I don't know how it works but it really feels cold when you put it on, it's great. It has caffeine in it, and a bunch of other anti-aging ingredients.

As far as the rest of their products, the kabuki brush sucks. its scratchy. Good thing i got it on clearance for like $0.50 because I almost never use it.

Their single eyeshadows aren't bad. They can be used wet or dry, i prefer to use with mixing medium and they are pretty nice! havnt tried the duo/trios though.

InspiredBlue

The blue Lumene packaging turns me off a little too, but I know it's because it reminds me of being like 13 years old and getting my first makeup.

Since I was trying to resist buying a Chanel Bikini Peach Glossimer today, I ventured into the drugstore brand part of the department store I was in looking for something cheaper to scratch that itch.
smiles.gif

So I got over myself and found a gloss that I really like from Lumene. It's the Wild Rose Lip Gloss in nr 19. A nice peachy shade for summer. And it smells good too.
smiles.gif