Lustreglass vs. Lipglass

theleopardcake

Hi, i HATE sticky lip glosses which is why I only have one lustreglass. However, as soon as i bought Wonderstruck lustreglass, i've gotten tons of compliments and i love how it looks on my lips. When i look at the lipglasses at my MAC counter, I always feast over the gorgeous colors.

so Anyway, i have a few questoins regarding these two lip products:

1. Are lipglasses a lot stickier than lustreglasses?
2. Do lipglasses have brush wands?
3. Which of the two do you prefer?

d_flawless

1. ummm, i think they're less, but any kind of glossy product is meant to be sticky for hold

2. not the paint-on brush kind like lustreglasses, they are the wand type, yes

3. probably lustreglasses, because they look super juicy...but they tend to be more sheer in terms of color pay-off. it's a trade-off i guess

shabdebaz

1. Yes
2. Lipglasses have the doe-foot wands.
3. I like the lustreglasses because they are less sticky (therefore nicer to
layer over lipstick) and very shiny!

Pushpa

1. Are lipglasses a lot stickier than lustreglasses? yes they are stickier because they have a higher color payoff

2. Do lipglasses have brush wands? they have a doe foot applicator

3. Which of the two do you prefer? i like both i love a lustre to put over certain lipsticks but i love a glass to wear buy itslef because i love the fuller coverage of color i get....i think it is a good idead to have a couple of each

lianna

1) Yes they are much stickier than lipglass.

2) No they don't have wands.

3) Lustreglasses are much much better IMO. And they don't look tacky the way some lipglasses do cos they compliment, rather than cover the natural colour of your lips

Jennifer Mcfly

1. Are lipglasses a lot stickier than lustreglasses? yes!!

2. Do lipglasses have brush wands? lipglass have sponge wands and lustreglass have brush wands

3. Which of the two do you prefer? Lustreglass!!!

but i do own a ton of lipglass b/c of the color selection and payoff. lustreglass are a little more sheer. but i'll use a combo of the two. I love Wonderstruck Lustreglass but sometimes when I want more color I'll add some Lychee Luxe lipglass over it.
If I wear lipglass alone I just make sure before I put it on my lips are heavily moisturized and exfoliated (i have dry, scaly lips no matter what I do!).

smiles.gif

martygreene

From the Lip Product FAQ in the FAQ forum (http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=25461):
Quote:
Lipglass
A very shiny, very sticky lipgloss. Some colors contain pearl and/or glitter particles, while others are a creme. Comes in a variety of colors including clear. Doe foot applicator.

Lustreglass
A thinner texture than lipglass, although still slightly tacky. A sheer frosty/glittery formula. Gives a hint of color without the opacity of lipglass. Some colors have more pearl/glitter than others, but all do contain either glitter or pearl and glitter. Brush applicator.