M.A.C. employees: lips!?

MisStarrlight

A few people mentioned it before, but my lip routine....

Foundation, studio fix, liner (bended w/ lip conditioner & a 228 brush), lipstick, gloss (usually just one, but sometimes two), then studio finish concealer around my lips so the color doesn't bleed as much.

I always put my lipstick on with a brush so it's super precise...and it helps that I have a lip ring so I don't ever push my lips together & that keeps the color/shine longer.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
A few people mentioned it before, but my lip routine....

Foundation, studio fix, liner (bended w/ lip conditioner & a 228 brush), lipstick, gloss (usually just one, but sometimes two), then studio finish concealer around my lips so the color doesn't bleed as much.

I always put my lipstick on with a brush so it's super precise...and it helps that I have a lip ring so I don't ever push my lips together & that keeps the color/shine longer.

That's exactly what I do, but only when I wear red/really strong colors....other than that, I just slap some gloss on and be done with it!

GreekChick

At my counter, I discovered Studio Fix not only helps lip products stick to ur lips, but also it evens out the skin around ur lip, tones down redness, pimples...so in general, EVERY color u will apply after that will stand out like there's no tomorrow. I really think it's about really evening out your skin around your lips. Then, line lips precisely, and fill in the edges a little bit. What you want is your liner to slowly fade inside the color...This is what gives it that airbrushed quality. After wards, apply some lipstick precisely, but blending it into the liner that has been applied inside your lips. Finally, apply gloss following the same application technique.
Try it! Prep your skin around your lips by generously applying studio fix...The contrast between the matte skin and the high gloss lips is amazing!!!

MAC_Pixie04

ew i could never put studio fix on my lips...but then again I have a true disdain for it in general. i pat NARS loose powder on my lips. It has "microbubbles" in it that "pop" when they come in contact with your lip color and seal it down. But it's not drying at all, so i find it's the most comfortable.

hellokitty

me too ! I can't wait !
smiles.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I actually try to create optical illusions using two glosses. I line just a smidge beyond my upper lip, apply lipstick, a gloss over that and then a lighter, sparkley gloss in the center. Prep & Prime actually keeps my lips from getting too crinkly with all that product on it.

I couldn't imagine putting SF or Bare Canvas on my lips, but that it just me.

i do the same and never smack my lips together-it just mixes the products and counteracts the layering....

MAC_Whore

All of these recommendations work really well (speaking from experience-I'll try anything!). As far as concealer around the lips, you can also use the Cargo reverse liner. It is the size of a regular lipliner and is a light nude. The format allows you precision and portability. It works for me (NW25). Sadly, they don't make a variation in shades. Note: Don't use Studio Fix and Retro Matte LS together. So unbelievably dry! I say that as I maaaaay have tried Studio Fix and Isabella Blow together! I won't admit to it though.
lol.gif

Another reason that MAs lip products always look hot is that they have access to so many colours and experimentation is always on their mind. It was on mine when I was at the counter. It is a habit that carried over into life PM (Post MAC
smiles.gif
). I am a lip product alchemist looking for gold! Don't be afraid to try crazy things. Try product and colour combos that sound crazy and you never know. That's when you find pleasant surprises.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I actually try to create optical illusions using two glosses. I line just a smidge beyond my upper lip, apply lipstick, a gloss over that and then a lighter, sparkley gloss in the center......

The Pro Glosses are great for that. ^ Ones like Aluminum, Sparkle Gold, Bronze and Guava are a perfect way to acheive that look. The Pro Glosses are a kind of overlooked lip product. My fave is Guava. Other great ones are Suntan, Fuschia Shock and Rosy Coral are amazing and I highly recommend them.

If you can stand the Pro Longwears, you can paint them in a pretty artistic manner. Line the lips with a darker Pro Longwear colour and the 311 brush, then add a slight amount of a lighter colour on the lips (blending it into the liner). Then you can even paint on a super light colour at the highpoint of the lips (ie center, bottom lip) to give the affect of catching light. Just like the face charts do. Then let it dry and add the gloss. The only thing is that you have to move pretty quick on this method, cuz when that stuff dries, it's not going anywhere.
smiles.gif