M.A.C. <<== Estee Lauder

Star

Boy, do I feel stupid: I just found out that Estee Lauder owns M.A.C. I happened upon this writeup about EL corporation:

"Founded in 1946 by Estée and Joseph Lauder, the Company sells its products in over 100 countries and territories under well-recognized brand names, including Estée Lauder, Clinique, Aramis, Prescriptives, Origins, MAC and Bobbi Brown essentials."

Demosthenes

Estee Lauder owns everything. :p I like that though, because all of the different brands have a different approach to makeup, and it makes it less competitive among all of them.

marilyns_firstkiss

e.l. bought them in 1997 i believe...and it was better before...its much more corporate and about business...it seemed to be more about the artistry before..i miss the good ol' days....though i still work for mac and love most of their products, if you guys could have seen back when,, drag queens working at the counters, really amazing artists with beat down faces, and the products were much simpler...now there are like 9 different types of foundation...its getting out of hand!

Kristen

I never knew that.. but then again.. it seems every store is owned by another store nowadays