MAC 116 Brush for Applying Foundation

pugmommy7

Dick Page recommends applying liquid foundation with a 116 brush. i am gonna try his method today and report back
smiles.gif
(Allure Magazinep.126)
hmm.gif

iiifugaziii

i use the 116 brush for Studio Fix Fluid everytime I use it on customers! that brush has the perect fluffiness/density to it that it buffs out the foundation nicely (especially cause Fix fluid is a lot thicker). put a little bit on the end of your brush, dab it on the skin, and BUFF it out
smiles.gif
I love it and it's the only way i put it on

MissMisah

i totally saw that too yesterday when i was reading the new Allure. makes sense though. before 116, everyone was talkin about how 109 applied liquid foundation. same concept.

tinkerbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
i use the 116 brush for Studio Fix Fluid everytime I use it on customers! that brush has the perect fluffiness/density to it that it buffs out the foundation nicely (especially cause Fix fluid is a lot thicker). put a little bit on the end of your brush, dab it on the skin, and BUFF it out
smiles.gif
I love it and it's the only way i put it on

I am going to give this a try.
flower.gif

pugmommy7

well, i thought i had it, but what i have is the 120
ssad.gif

so it is going on my wishlist
smiles.gif

I am poor right now I am just swapping my ass off-hee hee.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
Dick Page recommends applying liquid foundation with a 116 brush. i am gonna try his method today and report back
smiles.gif
(Allure Magazinep.126)
hmm.gif

He stole that idea from me....
rofl.gif
....seriously, I have always used the 116 for liquid foundation...you get a better buff that with the 187...plus there are always more of the 116s at the counter than the other brushes!!....just my humble opinion...

User67

Mac 116?

Does anyone own this brush? I never hear it mentioned. Is it a good blush brush?

maxcat

I quite like it - it's a different shape than the 129 though - gives more precise application. It's also not very good for powder.

d_flawless

for blush, i definitely prefer the 187 or even 129...i find it gets things blotchy, but i've only used it with powders

onnachan

it's perfect for contouring cheeks (dusting up on the under apples, hollwing out under the cheekbone) - it fits like a glove on all face shapes, where the 187 and 129 are great for blush application - but on some people just too big for contouring work.

ShadowyLady

I have it. It was recommended to me as a blush brush by an artist at MAC Pro. Supposedly it's a better blush brush for smaller faces, but I found it to be a bit too precise. The application was stripe-y, and I think it's probably best for contouring.

I discovered that I like it alot as a foundation brush! It works well for that.

Glitziegal

I have the 116. I wanted a blush brush just for applying blush to the apples of my cheeks. This was recommended to me by my fave MA. It does what I wanted. Some people may find it too small, if I want to diffuse my colour further I use my 187.

IDontKnowMomo

Re: MAC 116 Brush

Today I'm going to try using the 116 with my SFF.
I normally use my 187 for foundation but lately I haven't been liking it too much :/

abbyquack

I applied my foundation for a long time w/ the 116 after reading this article, and I quite liked it! Now I use Bare Minerals so it's a little different but let us know what you think!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

The #109 is better for fluid foundations, IMO. For powder foundation, the #129 or #138 is good for concentrated coverage. For light coverage with a powder foundation, I like the #150.

miiauu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
I like the 116. It's the only brush I use for blush. It's smaller than the 129.

me too,i can control very well where i want the color,i like it cause is small.

miiauu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiauu
me too,i can control very well where i want the color,i like it cause is small.

and also for contouring,is very handy,is one of my fovourite brushes

wannabelyn

can someone tell me if the 116 is as small as the 188. I bought the 188 for blush and I think it's too small so I want to upgrade to a 116 but no point if it's as small as a 188.

THANKS!