MAC Addicts.. wanna be in Marie Claire magazine?

dirtygirl

Hi girls!

I know that I dont' post very much, but I recently received an email about a writer in NYC who is doing a story on girls who are OBSESSED with a particular label. I think maybe MAC would qualify, and so I've decided to post it here. Someone sent me this email thinking I'm the biggest MAC addict they know, but I know some of you have WAY more stuff than I do! (Jude, SonRisa come to mind...).

Also, if you're obsessed with a certain fashion label or know someone who is, please feel free to pass this story onward. Lastly, I'm not sure how strict that requirement really is to live near NYC for the right person. Thus, I just thought it was a fun idea and figured I'd pass it on to y'all
smiles.gif

Melissa Macron, the writer, can be contacted through her website as listed below. With that said, here is the email:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I'm working on a fun, fashion story for Marie Claire and, either you've volunteered for a past story that didn't work out or you've been in a story and know lots of great people to pass this on to.

"I'm addicted to [insert favorite designer here]"
This is a fashion feature story on Brand Addicts--women who have a strong allegiance to one particular brand/designer and find themselves buying nearly everything in the line. If Louis Vuitton/Jimmy Choo/(your fave designer here) comes out with something new--you want it.

I need to find women with insanely expensive/large collections from a particular designer and explain 1) when the addiction started 2) what attracts them to the brand 3) how it makes them feel 4) what they would do if they couldn't buy anymore or if their collection was ransacked, etc.
Right now, I need about 8 women to submit to my editor for the story. 4 will be selected. (I also have another fashion story coming up, so if you're not selected for this one, we can always try again!) Women need to be between the ages of 23-39 and live in the NYC-area for the corresponding photoshoot.

If you're interested, send me your name, date of birth, job title and a brief description of your brand addiction. If you seem like a good fit, I'll then need a good, recent picture of you so the editors can put a face with the story. This photo will NOT be used for publication.

Pass this on to every fashionista you know!
Thanks and happy 2006!
xoxo
melissa

www.melissamacron.com

cleverchick

note from the magazine writer

hey girls. a specktra member just alerted me to this post and i'm glad to have found this site.

if any of you meet the requirements as listed in my email and would like to be in an upcoming issue, i'd love to hear from you.

please note, i'm on deadline so if you're thinking about responding--HURRY! i'll need to hear from you soon, next week the latest.

i'll try to remember to post here again when the deadline has passed and will make sure to keep the specktra power-shoppers in mind for upcoming stories!

thanks.
melissa

Eye<3Colour

wow how cool!!
smiles.gif
to bad i dont live in NYC. i cant wait to see this issue, as i am a marie claire subscriber!!
smiles.gif
it would be awesome to see one of the girls from here! JUDE, aren't you near new york? you should totally do it!!!

dirtygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
wow how cool!!
smiles.gif
to bad i dont live in NYC. i cant wait to see this issue, as i am a marie claire subscriber!!
smiles.gif
it would be awesome to see one of the girls from here! JUDE, aren't you near new york? you should totally do it!!!

where in illinois are you from? i live in the chicago area.. in fact just back from the outlet stores CCO this morning!
smiles.gif

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygirl
where in illinois are you from? i live in the chicago area.. in fact just back from the outlet stores CCO this morning!
smiles.gif

springfield. to far from the CCO's.
ssad.gif
i really hate springfield. lol. im from st louis tho. so maybe thats why.

dirtygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
springfield. to far from the CCO's.
ssad.gif
i really hate springfield. lol. im from st louis tho. so maybe thats why.

ahhh yea.. poor girlie! you're about 3 hours from the CCO.
ssad.gif

Bettycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverchick
please note, i'm on deadline so if you're thinking about responding--HURRY! i'll need to hear from you soon, next week the latest.

Does anyone know which issue (what month) this article will appear in?

mymymai

Too bad its NYC only. I'm in Florida and I think for a non-makeup artist, my collection is rather larger (~7.5-8K) Ah well.

MacLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycakes
Does anyone know which issue (what month) this article will appear in?

I would also love to know which issue (what month) this article will appear in.

TIA