MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

panther27

What is up with MAC only releasing collections in certain countries and also here at stores only and not counters?Do they not think it won't sell?Hmm,it seems like MAC needs to really start using their heads here!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yet another lovely lady willing to help us! seriously you are too kind!
smiles.gif
how funny is this going to be when you go marching into mac with a huge list?!
tong.gif

Haha, at this rate, I'll be doing multiple orders online!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Haha, at this rate, I'll be doing multiple orders online!

Awww thank you. We are so grateful that there are kind people like you willing to help us with our addiction on Specktra!
grouphug2.gif

OneDollarBuddha

I am loving this collection. I want all the piggies for sure and I really like the look of the dazzleglass cremes, but I have never had one.
Why does everyone seem so against them?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
What is up with MAC only releasing collections in certain countries and also here at stores only and not counters?Do they not think it won't sell?Hmm,it seems like MAC needs to really start using their heads here!

Yeah, I'd be totally effed if I couldn't order online. As big as Omaha is, I have no idea why there isn't a store, either.
th_dunno.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:

It's really silly! They are losing loads of money by making this collection too exclusive.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
It's really silly! They are losing loads of money by making this collection too exclusive.

And encouraging people to take advantage of others on evilBay.

DonnaN

Quote:
If anyone needs anything, I'm happy to help.
smiles.gif

as to not overwhelm purrtykitty, I too can offer to help with this release. Not being able to get new piggies is just WRONG!!
angry.gif

I think it stinks that these are a limited and not WORLDWIDE release.

panther27

Quote:
Yeah, I'd be totally effed if I couldn't order online. As big as Omaha is, I have no idea why there isn't a store, either.
th_dunno.gif

Seriously,so frustrating!I'll have no choice either but to order online.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy

When will they ever learn?

JustDivine

I'm not surprised that this is not being launched across continental Europe, but I am surprised that it is not being launched in the UK. To an extent its understandable, because this brand is not (well) known outside the USA, so I guess it would be difficult to market in Europe as a designer collaboration....

"Heatherette" and "DSquared" and of course Ungaro are brands which have more international presence (even just a bit more) than alice + olivia which is why they were marketed and sold successfully and quite easily. That said I guess anything MAC puts its name to could be marketed and sold accordingly if the products are appealing enough (and you can't argue that these are!).
I reckon there is still a chance it will launch in the UK, sort of "thru the back door", with no fanfare, but in Harrods or Harvey Nics only. I say this because alice + olivia is (or was at one point, I remember) sold in Harrods, which means that the brand has exposure and endorsement here, and so there are people here who know/buy the brand. I think it would be appropriate to stock it there as the clientele in that area being predominantly international may be a better market for it.

Here's hoping....

genduk26

for MAC products.... if it's not @ counters, it's not a must for me. i need to swatch it before i buy.

smashedseries

Quote:

ditto. I think they want to make it sound as exclusive as possible... And the fact is, they're pushing out a truckload of collections this year, perhaps yes, they're worried about sales. But I wouldn't do this if I were them, it'd only piss off the intl people. =.=|||

Like they just did. =.=|||||

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
My European, Australian and Singaporean girls!!! I feel so bad for you that your not getting this collection!!!! So unfair!!!

dont forget New Zealand!

im definitely going to get a CP for the pigments. i will ask my MA if she wants anything too, she is a pigment fiend!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
about later pigment - are the transforming purple pearlized pigments really purple or actually pink like in young punk?

purple. and it looked like there was some blue and maybe some pink too! Quote:
So this won't be at Macys?

sadly not.

AudreyNicole

Erin, I know you mentioned stores only (that is freestanding and PRO right?) and will it be available online too? Or no?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Erin, I know you mentioned stores only (that is freestanding and PRO right?) and will it be available online too? Or no?

yes, pro stores are included. i can't remember if it was or not, but was mcqueen online? if it was, then this will be too (it better, cuz my ass wants all the pigments and two polishes!!!).

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yes, pro stores are included. i can't remember if it was or not, but was mcqueen online? if it was, then this will be too (it better, cuz my ass wants all the pigments and two polishes!!!).

Same here! Otherwise, I'll have to call to KC to get it!

ETA: I double-checked the McQueen thread and McQueen was released online, so this should be, too.