MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabelle
What are you ladies wearing with Partylicious pigment? I love it with Mutiny on the inner lid, but can never figure out what to put on the crease.
th_confused_new.gif

I am wearing it with softwashed pigment in the crease and shroom eyeshadow as highlighter. The combination might sound a bit strange but well blended it looks good
smiles.gif

Susanne: I like your suggestions. Will try them soon.

chickatthegym

OMG I finally got a chance to try out If It Sparkles... What a beautiful highlight color this is! I used it over Bare Canvas paint, Partylicious on lids up to crease, Later in crease, and put If It Sparkles on my brow bone, along crease to soften, and inner eyelids. It's sooo pretty! I had great results with Partylicous dry... I put Bare Canvas on first and then actually just used an ELF studio "C" brush (my 239's were all dirty and I was too lazy to wash them right now).

Edit: While Partylicious and If it Sparkles... were super easy to blend, later was a little trickier but not bad. I put it in the crease with my Essence of Beauty crease brush and had some fall out. Worth the work though because it's a super pretty color and I dont think there are any other piggies like it
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Oh my god! I just found my new favorite nail!

2 coats of Nocturnelle + 1 coat of So Rich So Pretty
love.gif

It looks completely black in some angles/lights and then a super dark purple in others. Kind of like what I wanted Baby Goth Girl to look like!
drools.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Oh my god! I just found my new favorite nail!

2 coats of Nocturnelle + 1 coat of So Rich So Pretty
love.gif

It looks completely black in some angles/lights and then a super dark purple in others. Kind of like what I wanted Baby Goth Girl to look like!
drools.gif

i think it might be similar to layering OPI pearl of wisdom over a black nail polish. do you have a picture?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i think it might be similar to layering OPI pearl of wisdom over a black nail polish. do you have a picture?

I wish I had a picture- I don't have a camera and my phone doesn't do it justice. But, looking at Pearl of Wisdom swatches, it would probably have the same effect. I love this combo though because it brings out blue glitter I hadn't noticed in So Rick So Pretty before.
heart.gif

LMD84

i think i shall mix of later pigment with the gel mixing medium today to make an eyeliner - bet that will look a bit different to my usual black
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i think i shall mix of later pigment with the gel mixing medium today to make an eyeliner - bet that will look a bit different to my usual black
smiles.gif

drools.gif

Do you like the gel mixing medium? I've been contemplating a purchase....
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
drools.gif

Do you like the gel mixing medium? I've been contemplating a purchase....
th_dunno.gif

i really like it but i know some people hate it! i like it for using my glitters i either make them into glitter liners. or pat on a tiny amount of the gel on my lid and then tap on some glitter to add a subtle sparkle. but you're not meant to use the glitters on your eye area - but that i why i use the gel mixing medium - to make them stay in place
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
i really like it but i know some people hate it! i like it for using my glitters i either make them into glitter liners. or pat on a tiny amount of the gel on my lid and then tap on some glitter to add a subtle sparkle. but you're not meant to use the glitters on your eye area - but that i why i use the gel mixing medium - to make them stay in place
smiles.gif

Hmm... Maybe I will get this when I order a few glitters.... The ones I have don't stick to my current base. I really need to ignore at least one collection and put in a pro phone order.... Or find someone who has a pro card to CP so I can get the discount.
graucho.gif

erine1881

Quote:
smiles.gif

nor are you supposed to use the gel on your eyes!
tong.gif

riotlove

not to be the fussy pants but no one's supposed ot use their pro discount for others. they can lose it for life if they're ever caught or there's a suspicion.
ssad.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
tong.gif

Is the pigment mixing gel a must for mixing them, using them as a liner or for pressing? Also, is it available on the MAC site or is it a PRO thang???

Sorry, noob question I know
th_confused_new.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Is the pigment mixing gel a must for mixing them, using them as a liner or for pressing? Also, is it available on the MAC site or is it a PRO thang???

Sorry, noob question I know
th_confused_new.gif

there are different MMs for different things. if you want to increase the wear and intensity on the eyes, use the water MM. for face (not for eyes), there's the gel MM, and the alcohol MM for the neck and body. for liner, try the liner MM. for coloured lashes, use the lash MM.

they're all PRO only, but you can order them thru customer service.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotlove
not to be the fussy pants but no one's supposed ot use their pro discount for others. they can lose it for life if they're ever caught or there's a suspicion.
ssad.gif

Ah! Thanks for letting me know, riotlove. I didn't know that- wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble.
nope.gif

riotlove

i have a pro card but when i buy for others i don't use it. just in case i buy a lot of something or a lot of stuff at once or what not i don't ever want it to come back on me yanno?

on that note if you ever need anything i always like a reason to go in there. and now that i am unemployed again ooooh baby i wanna go.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotlove
i have a pro card but when i buy for others i don't use it. just in case i buy a lot of something or a lot of stuff at once or what not i don't ever want it to come back on me yanno?

on that note if you ever need anything i always like a reason to go in there. and now that i am unemployed again ooooh baby i wanna go.

I'm sorry you're unemployed. I am in the same boat.
th_cheerup.gif

And yes, I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble. It's good you don't use your pro card.
yes.gif

riotlove

i was for so long but the last month or so i had a job i didn't totally hate. but whatever. drama rules life and it's over.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
tong.gif

lol! classic me being naughty! although i had no idea the gel one couldn't be used on the eyes! eek!

and for reference i always buy my pro products from the store in london - i only get there once a year but it's handy for stocking up. but you can order via the phone line even if you're not a pro card holder - although i wish i were a card holder!