MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

romi79_2008

I parted with 10 es recently, jus didn`t liked them or used them so I don`t feel bad about those, some were dupes , too. I regret though I sold patina a couple of years ago, because I want it again.

ladyarwen

Here is also a picture where you can see a bit better the differencies between the lipsticks.

http://www.style-laboratory.net/2011/11/antwerp-press-days-i-a-sneak-peek-at-ss12/stylelab-fashion-beauty-blog-antwerp-press-days-upr-mac-iris-apfel/

I'm happy that we will finally get an orange red. There's enough blue reds that don't suit me. Hope to get all the new lipsticks (even though this collection, once again, is not coming to my country
nope.gif
) and, well, most of the collection!

This picture has EXACTLY what I want in it (except for maybe Flamingo.) I see it as my future haul. XD

bis

Thanks to the pictures I am down to 3 lipsticks, which is not too bad. Although four eyeshadows are firm on the list. Maybe a nail polish, hope we get some swatches soon.

Mac-Guy

I have been thinking about making a quad out of these shadows

• Silver Gull Blue-gray with sparkle
  • Robins Egg Mid-tone teal
  • Diamond Dove Deep gray-brown
  • Howzat Deep gray with silver sparkle

i think it would be perfect! can't wait to see swatches and check out the color payoff and finishes.
This sounds lovely and it's my first choice for a quad too.

User38

^^ Flamingo is actually a pinky coral.. which is great cause it suits most skin tones whereas a true coral will always pull too yellow and doesn't work well on some complexions.

I have worn Flamingo in the summer.. and it was great, even with my wacko white hair!

that said, all the ls in the collex are superb.

QueenOfSnark

Phew, glad to see that the only thing I still want is Diamond Dove e/s...Scarlet Ibis and Party Parrot would be tempting but I dislike MAC's matte formula. :/

OctoberViolet

th_sign_woot.gif

^^ Flamingo is actually a pinky coral.. which is great cause it suits most skin tones whereas a true coral will always pull too yellow and doesn't work well on some complexions.

I have worn Flamingo in the summer.. and it was great, even with my wacko white hair!

SerenK

I'm glad I ending up skipping glitter and ice because I think I'm in love with almost everything in this collection...

katred

Specktra Bestie

Hm... Now Flamingo is sounding more interesting again. Pinky tends to work better on me, because of the reasons you've stated. I think this is going to be pricey for me...

romi79_2008

Ladies how dry are mac matte lipsticks? I always ran from them, my lips are very very dry, like they chap every day even though I moisturize them 2-3 times a day. I always scrub and use a very rich balm before make-up, but even so satin & cremsheen lipsticks are a little dry for me. But I really like 1-2 matte ls from this coll, do you think I could pull them of?

Piarpreet

it depends on the lipstick. Candy yum yum will make me thirsty but russian red its aight.

Ladies how dry are mac matte lipsticks? I always ran from them, my lips are very very dry, like they chap every day even though I moisturize them 2-3 times a day. I always scrub and use a very rich balm before make-up, but even so satin & cremsheen lipsticks are a little dry for me. But I really like 1-2 matte ls from this coll, do you think I could pull them of?

s_lost

Honestly no. I really hate this finish, and I usually have to exfoliate my lips "just" once a week :(