MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

baghdad81

They did not restock yet, but they are supposed to.  I am on the fence about Pink Pigeon.  Not sure if the uniqueness of the finish justifies buying yet another hot pink.  What to do?  (I had this thinking for CYY too and now I will go thru life wondering if I really missed out on something)
They're different but equally hot and smoking :) Get it:poke: you can always return/sell it if you don't like it! I think it's much more wearable than CYY which is in your face bright pigment neon...this one is a touch less neon...

LMD84

well after playing all week with my shadows (in prep for filming the tutorial on sunday!) i really am impressed with early bird. much better payoff than free to be and it blends really nicely too :) it goes great with robins egg but i have also been enjoying using it with lime greens like bitter!

martiangurll

seeing swatches scarlet ibis is really similar with lady danger and so chaud, both matte, check out this link for pics http://interact.karlasugar.net/groups/karla-sugar-group-1308189861/forum/topic/iris-apfel-swatches-and-comparisons-with-other-like-colors-from-mac/?post=3931

On those swatches SI looks different, more neon than those others. Ironically, I have avoided So Chaud and Lady Danger b/c of fear they would be too bright, but the brightness made me want the SI! I guess because I am more open to bright colors now and its *on trend*

On the other hand, from Karla's swatches, I am not seeing enough of a difference b/w Impassioned and Pink Pigeon to make me want to buy it. Hmmm

Thank you for that link, Romi, that was quite enlightening

baghdad81

ok....ladies....BIG NEWS....CANADIAN MAC WEBSITE JUST RESTOCKED PARTY PARROT....AND........GOOOOOO! I submitted an order for 4 right now, any lovely ladies here need a CP I got you...however, canada post sucks and it costs me 6 - 9$ to ship a single lippie....but........I am here if you need me!

duckrodeo

I just took a gander at the MAC facebook page and someone again asked if the Iris lipsticks would be re-stocked and here is there response (cut and paste because I can't figure out how to crop screenshot images on my computer lol)

MAC Cosmetics Hi Suzie! Sorry to disappoint. Iris Apfel collection is limited edition and we don't anticipate receiving additional quantities online at this time. (Etc etc. went on to explain store locations blah be bloop)

I don't know why that was said when just days before their page said they would restock.
biguns.gif

Mac-Guy

I just took a gander at the MAC facebook page and someone again asked if the Iris lipsticks would be re-stocked and here is there response (cut and paste because I can't figure out how to crop screenshot images on my computer lol)

MAC Cosmetics Hi Suzie! Sorry to disappoint. Iris Apfel collection is limited edition and we don't anticipate receiving additional quantities online at this time. (Etc etc. went on to explain store locations blah be bloop)

I don't know why that was said when just days before their page said they would restock.
biguns.gif
Awwww, that's disappointing. I'm glad I stocked up on Flamingo!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have no idea why, but for some reason the stock issues on this collection really pushed my buttons. I understand keeping stock limited, but this seems a little bit different.

foxxylatina07

I'm not sure if this has been asked already as I am trying to catch up on this thread. How does Pink Pigeon compare to Petals and Peacock? Supposedly when I spoke to a MAC live chat person she told me that Lickable was almost similar to PP. Any thoughts? TIA

martiangurll

I'm not sure if this has been asked already as I am trying to catch up on this thread. How does Pink Pigeon compare to Petals and Peacock? Supposedly when I spoke to a MAC live chat person she told me that Lickable was almost similar to PP. Any thoughts? TIA

Lickable looks similar to me in Karla's swatches, but the finish is different I think. I don't have Petals and Peacocks, so I can't help you there.

yummy411

Pink Pigeon is yet another hot pink that i don't think is justified by the texture (try an OCC lip tar for vibrant color).... but candy yum yum was special because it was uniquely neon and the texture stays consistent (unlike occ lip tars)... i never got the pink from liberty of london--petals and peacock and i've always wondered about that and how it compares. everyone i've seen in it looks gorg!

bis

^^ Thanks for the tutorial and thanks for curing me from thinking about Early Bird, it looks way too much like Hot^3.

martiangurll

Here is my Specktra tutorial using the shadows I got from the collection :) I hope you guys like the look
Lou, I loved that color combination, pairing those 2 shadows looks really lovely with teh Flamingo lippy! I also like your nail polish! Great Tut, you are making me want to go and purchase Early Bird now!