MAC Application Question

JGunnar

I went to MAC today to speak with the manager but she was not in so I looked around and ended up buying some make up (which I didnt want to do grr addiction) and asked for an application to take home since I know the holiday season is coming up and they may be hiring. The girl said "one moment" and she went and looked at a sheet of paper, came back and said she was not allowed to give out applications and that I could fill it out there. Totally unprepared (no resume handy) I took it anyway and filled it out and turned it in.

My question is why do they not allow people to take applications home? I never heard of that before.

I'm going to call the manager in a few days and asked if she recieved my application and would like to see my resume.

FacesbyNiki

Yeah, that's odd. When I asked for one, she gave me it to me and told me to hurry back. Yes, call and see if she got it.

cupcakequeen

that's a little odd but to me it's not unheard of. there are plenty of stores around me that have the same policy. the local pottery barn, bath & body works, and my sephora all are the same way. (that's not to say i understand it, tho ...)

lightsinsorrow

Many places do not allow applications to leave the building because they are considered legal documents that belong to the company.

prsfynestmami

I went to my local counter the other day and was given an application. She asked if I wanted to fill it out there, but I asked her if she recommends attaching a resume. She said yes so I told her I'd bring it back up there when I had time.
They were sweet, started giving me demo interview tips.

calbear

I haven 't heard of that but I can' definitely see why - as I work in a mall, we get 9000 people walking in wanting an application just to get any old mall job and then never bring them back. Maybe they wanted to cut down on the people who aren't really serious.