mac artist cant make goals

macemployee

hey everyone ! im a mac artist for alittle over a year now and i cant make my goals ! my counter is slow and i havent been making my months for a while now i have signed disccussion forms .. my aus is always really high 48 or above . i just dont understand why i cant make my months i sell and use my fabce always . Im afraid im going to loose my job . does mac fire employees after awhile after a certain amount of months not making their goal ? has anyone experienced what im going thru ? ..

PLEASE HELP !

xStarryEyedX

hey everyone ! im a mac artist for alittle over a year now and i cant make my goals ! my counter is slow and i havent been making my months for a while now i have signed disccussion forms .. my aus is always really high 48 or above . i just dont understand why i cant make my months i sell and use my fabce always . Im afraid im going to loose my job . does mac fire employees after awhile after a certain amount of months not making their goal ? has anyone experienced what im going thru ? ..

PLEASE HELP !
Hey,
How is the rest of your counter doing? Are they making their goals? As long as you are on average with the rest of the counter, I would still be concerned- but not worry AS much...
I had issues in my first year, here are some things that helped me:
-Don't avoid onesies. Take them as a challenge. Say you have 5 people a day that are onesies, you can probably get at least 1-2 of them to look at other stuff.. Then you're upping your day by around $100+.
- Make sure you are making customers feel welcome. Smile, be friendly, etc... A lot of people have makeup questions, but are intimidated to ask them.
- If someone is coming in for a foundation/concealer/powder.. Simply ask "do you want me to color match you& make sure that's still your perfect color since the seasons are changing"... If they say no, that's fine... but usually going the extra step will help them feel more comfortable asking you other questions leading into different products.
- Find your own way of saying this, but make sure you're also introducing people to the new collections. Don't be cheesey and sound like a robot obviously.. .But you know.. "oh we got in a new mascara that I really love"... "that lipstick looks really pretty with one of the glosses that came out in our new collection" etc...
-Talk to your manager. See what she thinks you need to work on, and take steps towards it.
-DON'T get discouraged+ focus only on numbers. When you're stressed it does show... I used to really struggle with AUS, and when I got a onesie I would bitch and complain and stress... What happened? I just kept getting more of 'em. When you look stressed/upset customers don't really want to hang around lol...
- For me I always felt most confident when I was wearing my favorite outfits/makeup... When you feel confident customers tend to gravitate towards you, and my numbers were always best those days.
-One last thing, is when I was working with new-er artists... I'd say ok, sell me a fast response eye cream... They went into MAC FABCE robot mode. "This is MAC fast response eye cream, it has caffeine in it which will reduce puffiness. I use it every day before my mineralize concealer."... Cool, but except you sound like every sales person in Macys. " This is fast response eye cream. It was on Dr. Oz a little while ago, and we sold out of it like crazy. It has caffeine in it, which confuses people because it actually tones down puffiness believe it or not. Wanna feel?" talking to people like you're not a boring makeup sales person helps a lot.

The sales aspect always kinda bugged me, since I just wanted to do makeup and have fun... But you'll get there. Don't let the write-ups stress you out. A good manager will work with you& help you bring your numbers up.