MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

Piarpreet

I want "All my purple life" lipglass,the green one " jealousy wakes", maybe the amber one "Sparkle, neely, sparkle" all though parisian skies looks pretty nice.

FO SHO list: "All my purple life" blogger said its supposed to be inspired and made for women of color but... My color is white. This statement is valid when there is purple involved. Same thing happened with Taj Mahal. The MUA told me it wouldn't suit me cos I'm "too fair" and I said well, then give me two! lol

laylalovesmac

Damn! I'm actually sort of excited for this. I feel like it's been awhile since we've seen new regular eyeshadows in regular pots. Serioulsy- when was that? Dare to Wear? That can't be right....

Anyway...

Christine's green looks amazing to me. I'll have to get that since greens look great on my eyes. I think I also want Parisian Skies and Hocus Pocus since I want more grey tones. As far as the lipglasses go, yes- Karen's is kind of boring. But, I kind of like it, and I really like her blog, so I think I'll have to get it. And I think I need all of the other ones (except for the purple one) since I've been so into coral/reds lately. No backups though! I have to tell myself that.

Shontay, I agree- Sonoran Rain looks incredible! That's the one I could see backing up, too.

So, my total as of now: $101.50. Yeah- that needs to be chopped down. If I can only get three things, it'll be Christine's eyeshadow, Karen's lipglass, and Sonoran Rain, which would be a much more modest $43.50. Yeah. I think I'll do that.

PS: I live in the Sonoran desert, so maybe I do need a backup of Sonoran Rain. Hell- I do.

chinkee21

Hmmmm, interested in Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle, Persian Skies, Jealousy Wakes e/s and Sonoran Rain & Caqui glosses! Cannot wait to see swatches!!

Anneri

So it's really not gonna be available in Europe?
oh.gif
That sucks. I thought that was the point about beauty blogging, and the whole community, making information available and share the same passion worldwide. That's why international readers come to the blogs everyday. To then make a blogger collection available only to the US/Canada doesn't make sense IMO.

You're absolutely right, Naynadine! I'm so disappointed!
While I also think that the products are not terribly unique, I really like Christine's e/s and the coral lipglass. The other colours are a bit tame...
Maybe we can organise something like the CP-thing when Alice+Olivia came out? That would be great!!!

summerblue

If you missed IGNK, you should definitely grab Gilded White from Surf Baby. It's very close.
Hey, katred! I don't think the IGNK or Guilded White are similar at all. The Gilded White didn't work for me. I experienced all the negatives of this pencil that others mentioned in their mua reviews; while it showed up beautifullly on my hand, I couldn't get it to tranfer to my eyes (inner corner or as a liner or on the waterline) -- very waxy, & would skip. The SA said that the only way she used it was as an all over lid base for which I have better similar bases like Cuddles & Frostlite. Although, I only swatched the IGNK on my hand, I'm assuming I won't have a transfer issue as it's a kohl.

Anyway, as far as the e/s are concerned, I'm passing. Have way too many greens & have all the grays I need. Besides, I have a very pronounced yellow undertone & grays & browns with red undertones don't work for me & I have to be very careful with the greens I do choose. Figuring from Christine's pics, I could just take emerald pigment or something similar & blend one of the teals lightly into it to acheive the same look for as often as I would wear a color like this. Regardless of texture, I'm disappointed in the e/s offerings as I envisioned more than just another dirty blue-grey, sooty grey & rusty brown.

A couple of the lipglasses sound interesting, but without swatches, I wouldn't order online sight unseen.

Honey&LemonGirl

Hmmm, in the BBJ post, the Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle e/s looks like it has straight-up glitter in it. I'm thinking I'm going to pass on that one.
001_unsure.gif

peachsuns

Damn! I'm actually sort of excited for this. I feel like it's been awhile since we've seen new regular eyeshadows in regular pots. Serioulsy- when was that? Dare to Wear? That can't be right....

Anyway...

Christine's green looks amazing to me. I'll have to get that since greens look great on my eyes. I think I also want Parisian Skies and Hocus Pocus since I want more grey tones. As far as the lipglasses go, yes- Karen's is kind of boring. But, I kind of like it, and I really like her blog, so I think I'll have to get it. And I think I need all of the other ones (except for the purple one) since I've been so into coral/reds lately. No backups though! I have to tell myself that.

Shontay, I agree- Sonoran Rain looks incredible! That's the one I could see backing up, too.

So, my total as of now: $101.50. Yeah- that needs to be chopped down. If I can only get three things, it'll be Christine's eyeshadow, Karen's lipglass, and Sonoran Rain, which would be a much more modest $43.50. Yeah. I think I'll do that.

PS: I live in the Sonoran desert, so maybe I do need a backup of Sonoran Rain. Hell- I do.

^ I like that!
greengrin.gif

I'm wondering if Sonoran Rain compares to Red Devil. Any thoughts? (Hope someone remembers Red Devil. LOL)

Christine said Jealousy Wakes is Veluxe Pearl. Does anyone know the finish of other eyeshadows?
cutey.gif

laylalovesmac

You're absolutely right, Naynadine! I'm so disappointed!
While I also think that the products are not terribly unique, I really like Christine's e/s and the coral lipglass. The other colours are a bit tame...
Maybe we can organise something like the CP-thing when Alice+Olivia came out? That would be great!!!
We definitely should. :)

Lou- would that be possible?
greengrin.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, there are a few things that I want-

Jealousy Wakes
Parisian Skies (pending swatches)
All My Purple Life

The red and coral-red glosses are ones I'd like to see swatches of. They sound nice but I'm wondering how different they are from what I have now.

And I definitely agree that we should set up something so that ladies (or gents!) outside North America can have a shot at getting these goodies.

mac_aiken

Based on this preliminary info I think the shadows will be a pass for me.

I love the look of the glosses and can't wait to see swatches.

The only surefire thing for me is "All of My Purple Life" gloss. Count me in the group of women with no color who loves purple and colors geared to our beautiful WOC sisters. Plus as a huge Prince fan since the early 80's I can't resist this (the opening lyrics to Erotic City...All of my purple life, I've been looking for a dame).

Mac-Guy

[quote name="Honey&LemonGirl" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/240#post_2124943"]Hmmm, in the BBJ post, the Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle e/s looks like it has straight-up glitter in it. I'm thinking I'm going to pass on that one.
001_unsure.gif

[/quote] If there is straight-up glitter in it, I'll pass too.

romi79_2008

I thought Karen fav lg from Mac was lychee luxe not nymphette, same color family! by the way no pinks? 4 lipgloss, 3 pretty close to each other, i`m not convinced
This is a skip for me ! What really annoys me is that they limited this collection instead of making it a full color story, I`m sure that the blogger would have come with great unique ideas. A product/blogger not enough
But I`ll forgive them if they make a Mac fans collection in which to repromote all those things we`re lemming for, but sold out and sell on evilbay at ginourmos prices

PinkBasset

I'm so excited for these, right now I love them all! It is a huge disappointment that this isn't going international, I need to get my hands on these somehow. Hopefully some swatches can bring my list down a bit, I really shouldn't be buying glosses this much. Well, what can you do, they make me happy. :)

2browneyes

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who is a little disappointed in this collection. It's just not doing anything for me. Kinda feels like it's just something to throw in for addicts to have a bit of 'new MAC' in June to carry us over until July when the 'bigger' collectionsare scheduled to happen instead of letting us take a breather. That being said, the only thing that I took a second glance at are 3 of the lipglasses and that's only because I have a ridiculous obsession with the stuff lol I'd really like to see swatches of Sonoran Rain, All of My Purple Life and Nitro:Liciuos2046. My 1st impression of Evolution Revolution was "What? Is that it? Really?" The shadows do nothing for me at all....Christine's green (well, the one she posted that's closest to the final shade) is kinda pretty to me but nothing I feel I must have. So, $ saved for me....good thing too since I'm planning to purchase all the brushes from SP :)

xasperadastra

We definitely should. :)
Lou- would that be possible?
greengrin.gif

If you are going to do something please take me in XD I really'd like to have Christine's eyeshadow, and I'm not afraid to pay extra money for expedition! In my opinion there would be one unique order from USA to someone in Europe, then the european girl ships everything to the others (of course we pay also the shipment from USA). I say this because sometimes Italy have problems with orders from USA!!!

OctoberViolet

Hmmm. I'm kind of digging the Parisian Skies & Hocos Pocos eyeshadows. I love grey-blue shadows cause they match my eye color, but I am also waiting for MAC's Moody Blue shadow that is suppose to be out in the Fall and that is also a grey-blue. I still may get it though. I want to support my Blogger's. The lipglosses are pretty, but in all honesty, I am not a lipgloss type girl. I prefer lipsticks. If they had come out with lipsticks, I'd be so all over them. Some money saved for Semi Precious and Cinematics. Yay!

full colour story: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-bloggers-obsessions-collection

mtrimier

eh. i guess i'll take a look at all my purple life and parisian skies. maybe cacqui. i'm not impressed really. if i can use my discount on this collection, great, if not, i'll pass on it.

UrbanSweetheart

Darn you Mac...I was going to be on a Mac no-buy in June...but now...I need Sonoran Rain! And maybe Temptalia's eyeshadow too...darnnit!