MAC BRUSHES (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Howards End

I'm looking for an e/s brush for Maybelline Color Tattoos, ColourPop shadows etc. Would the 231 and/or 287 be good choices? They seem to be MAC's only synthetic e/s brushes. TIA!

Howards End

Thanks Erine! Reviews say it's perfect for applying paint pots so that's exactly the type of brush I'm looking for :)

dilmadoll

Any thoughts on the MAC 138 brush? I've heard it's a good buy from those who work at MAC but any thoughts? Is it worth the price point ($53)

AnitaK

I recently bought my first 2 brushes from MAC - the 224 and the 217. I may look at getting the 242 and the 239 brushes next.

thefbomb

OK! So Im using my fluidlines more often now and Im thinking I want a more precise brush. I use an angled brush from bdellium most of the time and I find sometimes I just draw the line too thich (plus I have slightly hooded eyes, ie. like Audrina Patridge, Jennifer lawrence, etc) and I want to get a slightly more precise line with my wings. Ive seen about 3 from MAC, the 209 and 211 comes to mind..Im just not sure what to go with

Ms. Z

I purchased the new 267 brush and I am Not sure if I want to keep it, if you purchased one is it working out well for you?

linmanu

Any thoughts on the MAC 138 brush? I've heard it's a good buy from those who work at MAC but any thoughts? Is it worth the price point ($53)
I bought it expecting it to be a great contour brush, but it is way too soft. I use it to apply highlighter. It's a bit too big for that, but it does do the job.

Prettypackages

Anyone like the MAC 135 brush?

which powder brush is better? 134 or 150

which is the better blush brush? 116 or 129?

Is the 109 good for buffing powders into the skin? Like if you over applied blush and need to buff it out?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Anyone like the MAC 135 brush?

which powder brush is better? 134 or 150

which is the better blush brush? 116 or 129?

Is the 109 good for buffing powders into the skin? Like if you over applied blush and need to buff it out?
I say no, it's not dense enough for that.

For blush, I prefer the 116, I prefer smaller blush brushes in general, I find application easier with those.

I don't have MAC powder brushes, so I can't speak on those. But I would rather recommend brands like Hakuhodo for big brushes like that, that have a softer feel than MAC. I'm working up the courage to splurge on the J104 myself, lol.

I think @Monsy has the 135 and really likes it.

Prettypackages

@Naynadine thank you for responding. So the 109 is good for just contouring?
That's a good idea, I'll save the money and by Hakuhodo face brushes. I remember reading somewhere the 134 can be scratchy. I was trying to see if I should buy some mac brushes with this sale, but so far, I don't see any must haves.
I don't have the 187 or 188, any powder or blush brushes, except for the LE two sided ones.

I have the 239,217,219,221, 127,125se,128, 208, 266, 215,226,224,233,130,137,159,163,234,195.

Maybe I just don't need anything else? LOL

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
@Naynadine thank you for responding. So the 109 is good for just contouring?
That's a good idea, I'll save the money and by Hakuhodo face brushes. I remember reading somewhere the 134 can be scratchy. I was trying to see if I should buy some mac brushes with this sale, but so far, I don't see any must haves.
I don't have the 187 or 188, any powder or blush brushes, except for the LE two sided ones.

I have the 239,217,219,221, 127,125se,128, 208, 266, 215,226,224,233,130,137,159,163,234,195.

Maybe I just don't need anything else? LOL
I don't really use the 109 for contouring, when I use it it's usually for beautypowders / highlighters.

If you don't have the 187 or 188 yet, I would consider getting those with the sale. In my opinion the duo fibre brushes are MAC's best brushes. Especially the 187 is pretty versatile.

Latest posts