MAC By Request discussion

Naughtyp

I wonder if its like the original or the by request one... I only have he Bu request one, so if its the original I need it! lol

Naughtyp

oh ok lol cool. I've been reading others say they were different, that the o e from quite cute was brighter...glad to hear tha tho one less item I gotta stress about lol

KMQE716

BTW: went to Nordstrom's today and Candy Yum Yum was sitting there hanging out with the other matte lipsticks. it's official hurray!

valkolak

BTW: went to Nordstrom's today and Candy Yum Yum was sitting there hanging out with the other matte lipsticks. it's official hurray!
W00t!!
yahoo.gif
I'm not sure if I will be buying it again because I'm not actually all that crazy about it but it's nice to see MAC give people what they've been asking for.

bulbasaur359

That's cool that they made it perm. I'm really surprised. I have mine from BR and was worried about using it bc it's so coveted lol. I'm looking forward to playing with it this coming spring tho.

erine1881

They really need to overhaul their permanent colour selection on a bunch of products, especially lipsticks (their first product).

Fiberluver

Well - I just broke my MAC no buy and picked up a CYY from Nordies today. Now I have 2 hehehehe. The MUA told me that they got their's yesterday and sold 50 or more tubes by the end of last night. She had to go in the back to get more.
WOW!

MACina

thud.gif

Well - I just broke my MAC no buy and picked up a CYY from Nordies today. Now I have 2 hehehehe. The MUA told me that they got their's yesterday and sold 50 or more tubes by the end of last night. She had to go in the back to get more.
WOW!

pocketmouse

Wow, I'm surprised but glad they made it perm! I'll have to swatch next time I get to a counter; this just makes me extra glad that I missed CYY and got Rocker instead! I'm not sure if I'll actually get CYY though, because Pink Pigeon feels a little too bright for me (and it's nowhere near CYY bright, at least from the swatches I've seen) Quick Sizzle is pretty perfect though, they should add that one to their permanent line too!

erine1881

They need to add a HUGE range of colours to their permanent matte selection. Now that CYY is perm, they need to add heroine, moxie, smoked purple (not just pro only), pink pigeon and party parrot.

Thank you goes out to Mad Theologian for updating everyone about CYY being at the Nordstrom counters. I also want to thank the poster who initially informed us it would be permanent (sorry i don't remember your name). I was able to go to my local Nordstrom today and pick one up. I'm happy...thank you Specktra. I going to try to upload a pic wearing it with MAC magenta lip liner. Hope it looks ok.
2b37e607_20121216_170100.jpeg

MissTT

QuietStorm you look so cute in all that pink. And CYY looks so much less intimidating on you. I like how you wore it. Did your liner tone it down or are your lips pigmented?

QuietStorm you look so cute in all that pink. And CYY looks so much less intimidating on you. I like how you wore it. Did your liner tone it down or are your lips pigmented?
Thanks so much Miss TT! It may be a little of both. My lips are not very dark but they are pigmented. My top lip is a little darker than my bottom lip. It could also be that I didn't put it on very heavily. I'm going to experiment using different pencils like beet and more to love. I bought Full Fuchsia and Pink Noveau and I'm excited to try them. Thanks again for the compliment - it is so appreciated.

Fiberluver

Quietstorm,

You're gonna love Pink Nouveau.
It is luscious! My niece made off with mine.
One of these days I'll pick up another one.
I agree MAC needs to add more shades to their matte line. Here's hoping they will!