MAC Concealer Info

dp3

I've heard some information about MAC concealers from Specktra, YouTube and MAC MUAs and I'm confused. Please verify/confirm the following:

-Select Cover-Up has the sheerest coverage, while Select Moisturecover and Studio Finish Concealer are full coverage.

-Select Cover-Up and Select MoistureCover are the same formulations, just different packaging.

-Studio Finish Concealer (pot) and Studio Stick Concealer are the same formulation, just different packaging.

-If the above is true, does that mean Studio Stick Concealer is the same as the Full Coverage Foundation?

-Could any of the concealers be used as foundations despite the opposite color match? (ie. I'm an NC30 in Studio Fix Powder, but I'm a NW 20-25 in concealers)

dp3

Thanks for the replies and discussion. I know some of my information is contradictory, hence the confusion on my part
smiles.gif
. Hopefully we can find a solution to the concealer mysteries.

II3rinII

- studio finish concealer is the same as full coverage foundation but it has more jojoba oil making it more emoilliant than F.C., its texture is also a bit creamier than the stck concealer.

- select cover is med coverage with a matte finish, can be used under eyes or also to spot conceal on the face for blemishes, red pigmentation, ect. try using the #217 brush when spot concealing or the #187 for larger areas needing an airbrushed finish.

-select moisturecover has a built in moisturizer and the coverage is light to med, yet buildable. it is more sheer than opaque and good for mature skin.

-studio stick concealer (twist up) is the exact same as the stick foundation, but 1/16th the amount. its a better value to just buy the foundation stick and use it as a concealer be cause its double the price but you get so much more product. the coverage is med-full depending on how its applied.

-touch up stick (the pencil), has a wax base so it adheres great to the skin and is not quite as emmoilliant. can be used anywhere on the face, you can even use it as a "highlighter pencil", a trick taught to me by my trainer. coverage is med/buildable.

hopefully this helps some of you =)

dp3

Thanks for the info! This is really helpful.

Is Select Cover-Up Concealer same as the Select SPF 15 Foundation?

If some of the concealers are the same as the foundation, then we can get the concealers in our foundation color? For example, I'm an NC 30 in foundation, does that mean I can get the studio finish concealer, in an NC as opposed to an NW?

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3
Thanks for the info! This is really helpful.

Is Select Cover-Up Concealer same as the Select SPF 15 Foundation?

If some of the concealers are the same as the foundation, then we can get the concealers in our foundation color? For example, I'm an NC 30 in foundation, does that mean I can get the studio finish concealer, in an NC as opposed to an NW?

select cover up and select spf are not the same, select spf is a water based foundation. youll notice that select cover up is thicker and a bit more pigmented. i also wouldnt suggest using select cover up as a full face foundation, but merely to even out ruddiness on the cheeks, you would def want to sheer it down. if youre using it under the eyes and you want to nuetralize the blue stick with the nw, if you want to even out the skin on your face then switch to the nc.

Fearnotsomuch

Which concealer has the best staying power?

My current concealer (non-MAC) is perfect for my undereye circles but disappears after a few hours on my blemishes, even with a powder over it.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearnotsomuch
Which concealer has the best staying power?

My current concealer (non-MAC) is perfect for my undereye circles but disappears after a few hours on my blemishes, even with a powder over it.

Select Cover Up works best, IMO. It dries down to a nice matte finish. Just use the concealer brush to pat it on your blemish, let it dry down for a few seconds, then blend the edges out into your foundation so it looks more natural. It really doesn't need a powder over it. It's formula is better to be used on blemishes. It is lighter weight and not creamy emollient, whereas heavy weight, creamy formulas will just irritate the blemish.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Select Cover Up works best, IMO. It dries down to a nice matte finish. Just use the concealer brush to pat it on your blemish, let it dry down for a few seconds, then blend the edges out into your foundation so it looks more natural. It really doesn't need a powder over it. It's formula is better to be used on blemishes. It is lighter weight and not creamy emollient, whereas heavy weight, creamy formulas will just irritate the blemish.

^^ i agree, also you could try the touch up pencil, its wax based so it adheres to the skin better (a tip i picked up from our mac trainer after discussing good concealers for the hot florida weather).